BOW pics (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
blacsheep said:
hey the works are on this really thick papper my teacher told me its compressed cotton but not to sure
How big are they?
From experience I can advise that bigger is better. It's automatically more impressive to have a large charcoal drawing like yours than one that is only A4. Trust me.
Go for a collection of 3-5, 2mx1m (ish) drawings and I'm sure you'll do well.
p.s. have you considered using a wider range of materials...e.g. charcoal AND paint or pencil AND pen? A few years ago a student did really well by painting with things like soy sauce and honey and all sorts of weird stuff. Be unique while showing technical skill and you're set.
Good luck :)

bobbobby583

HSC
wtf man i could pull better shit out of my ass... lol jks. i know absoultely nothign about art, but to me that looks pretty good... nearly as good as abbas' mum i must admit.. now she fine :eek:

Porcia

HSC
vanush that looks aWESOME~! aare u doing a video or animation... i sincerely hope ur doing animation cuz im doing video and if thats my competition im so dead! hahaha

Shazzeh

HSC

biggie walls

HSC
nice work Shazzeh... only thing I could say is make them EVEN MORE disturbing, disgusting,cruel, shocking to look at --> it will really impose the question on the audience

HSC
N/A
I thought I'd share a bit of my major work....

I'm only sharing 16 here, but my actual submission is somewhere in the vicinity of 50-70 pieces, arranged in a large horizontal format, kind of like a billboard.

The general idea is all to do with layering and time passing.... seeing the history of people and the streets through the marks they leave behind.

I just randomly stuck these pieces together on my computer, so they're not in any particular order. The final layout won't be considered until I have all my pieces in front of me, and can work them out in a way that looks the most balanced. (For instance, I wouldn't go putting 3 mainly yellow works in a row)

Each piece is 15x15cm. I was originally working in mixed media, but have recently switched over to photography as it works a little better for getting my point of view across.

KEEP SHARING EVERYONE!

Last edited:

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Hmm. Not as nicely stuck together as etc's, but anyway, here's a few from my BOW.

To everyone else: Your stuff is lookin brill! Honestly! T__T I'm terribly going to fail. I can tell.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
well done all! they all look great! :)

however i think u might need some colours (or 1 more medium) to make certain parts of the element (facial element..? maybe the nose? the lips? etc) to stand out and be the focal point or so, cos when i look at the photos my eyes went everywhere and unstable. A focal point would make the audience stays with your artwork then linger to other places later on.

you might also want to link the focal with the concept (eg, passion and red lips..) ok obviously i just that up on the spot :p

HinikuTheNinja: going great! however some of the pix look abit "set up" (ok of cos u have to unless u somehow found randoms on the street doing that...)
What's ur concept? relationship? puppy love?
Love that first place with the yellow flower, more photo manopulation would be great

etc. etc. etc.: ARRRRRRGGGH this is HOT
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25057621/
going GREAT
how r u going to arrange the 15cmx15cm pieces?

Shazzeh

HSC
biggie walls said:
nice work Shazzeh... only thing I could say is make them EVEN MORE disturbing, disgusting,cruel, shocking to look at --> it will really impose the question on the audience
thanks! ^^ i've been thinking about that.. but i don't want to scare some people away.. that and i think their distrubing enough as it is... oO;

here's the next picture it you guys want to look:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/35463266/

~Shazzie

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Shazzeh, ur most recent pic is very powerful and does send quite a strong message. it looks really good.

i will comment only a little, because i do not know what art style u use in ur artwork. personally, i want to add some more detail into the hands and needles to punch the message home. what i mean is to make the hands more gnarled, more 'skeletal', something also death like, to demonstrate humanity's cruelty. with the needle, i think it would be better if u could add some finer detail - the markings on the needle, perhaps light reflecting off the needle point, perhaps even a drop trickling off the needle point - this imo would represent the machinations of precision and industry that humans perfect - to destroy harmless animals.

these are just my views. overall, the artwork looks fanatastic! keep it up!

Dr. You

HSC
blacsheep said:
hey everyone jus wondering if anyone has started their BOW could upload some pics

here is some of my practise works that i been doin with charcoal

tell us wat u think and i know my spelling is shockin so dw
On First Impreession I'd say your work is a piece of shit, it doesn't look like you've put any fucking work or thought into that whatsoever, and for some reason you're showing it to people as if it's good or something.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
HSC&ME=NOLIFE said:
reminds me of sin city
that's the point :p

think of a less comical (high contrast) version with a less dark atmosphere and you've got INSIGHT lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)