BOW pics (1 Viewer)

RainbowBrite

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Have you placed that cape on a mannequin for viewing? or just sending it on its own? :$
The cape is going to be on a manequin. See, we're in Singapore, and the risk of artworks getting damaged, destoryed or lost on a plane flight to NSW is too high for some pieces, so our school flys up some markers and they visit our school, mark the works and stay in Singapore for a couple of nights. We're really lucky in that way, but then, at the same time being in Singapore for the HSC can also have lots of disadvantages (none of those uni lectures on HSC subjects, unable to see competition or compete in a similar environment).

Today I got my internal mark for my BOW. 40/50. Totally unimpressed. The bag and everything in it only upped my mark on the cape by one. Unimpressed. The teacher said it wasnt that good, but to cut it out means I would lose marks conceptually, which technically it was magnificent. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it any more.

Jeza

HSC
lol i thought it was so random where yu took those fotos with yr cape thingy. I thought yu were just sending in those photos of yu in that cape in the sci-fi labs. Thats so kool yu can do the HSC in singapore, does that meen if yu do well yur goanna do yuni down here?

Ps heres part of my BOW, I did painting and digital photos, I couldn't be bothered to post my painting, its like mostly what my werk comprises of cept its already wrapped ! so to late to show. Anyhu I honestly hope every1 does well, specially those hu didn't spend more than 3000$ some kid in my year did! PFFFFt I rekn any1 can buy a band 6 these days
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l...nt=Untitled-1-1.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=8
HTML:

Jeza

HSC
MMMM its a bit blurry here, its better when printed. anywho just imagagine 3 massive square canvass where Ive painted cool self portraits like this foto plus digital images of course.

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Thought I might aswell post mine...

Statement:

"Harry"
Acrylic on canvas

My artwork explores the inner psyche of obese people as they endeavour to lose weight. This concept was inspired by media representations and the reality television show “The Biggest Loser”. I realised that the contestants were not only transformed physically, but also psychologically as they personally dealt with issues of obesity. This is a confronting image that portrays the struggle and shame associated with poor self concept, low self esteem and social stereotyping. Influenced by Lucian Freud and Ben Quilty, I utilised broken colour and thick brush strokes to effectively express my concept.

Click for full view

They're not the best photo's, the lighting was pretty bad, but you get the point..

I also included a set of scales that are placed below my artwork.

I wish I would've started earlier, could have done so much better/more!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
syper said:
Thought I might aswell post mine...

Statement:

Click for full view

They're not the best photo's, the lighting was pretty bad, but you get the point..

I also included a set of scales that are placed below my artwork.

I wish I would've started earlier, could have done so much better/more!
You handle paint very well Syper! I like it alot, very good painting technically.
Bathroom Scales?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Jeza said:
MMMM its a bit blurry here, its better when printed. anywho just imagagine 3 massive square canvass where Ive painted cool self portraits like this foto plus digital images of course.
That's pretty cool!
I'd love to see the collective

pheelics

HSC
The Cruel Sea said:
second in a series of three... twenty four hours haha... spontaneously combusts into a fountain of unorganised paint splatters! if only i bore the name Jackson Pollock... hmm even worse.

just to deny any potential misconceptions of pretension... i don't see this as perfect.
remarkably similar to

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
luscious-llama said:
You handle paint very well Syper! I like it alot, very good painting technically.
Bathroom Scales?
thanks

yeah bathroom scales ;p

i don't even think they go up to his total weight lol

Katie :)

HSC
hey just stumbled across this thread and really like some of the works hosted so far, very nice indeed :)

heres some photos of my body of work... hehe it's a COW (collection of works) with photography, collage, found objects and both hand and machine sewing

I loved the whole process of making it... hope you like the pics (i've got photos of the individual ones, but it's tooo much effort to post them all :p)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1429/1001229be0.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9941/1001241ic8.jpg

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
in all seriousness, is anyone here actually think they are a strong contender for art express or know anyone who thinks they are? I'm not trying to poke out the arrogant ones I'm just a little curious

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
in all seriousness, is anyone here actually think they are a strong contender for art express or know anyone who thinks they are? I'm not trying to poke out the arrogant ones I'm just a little curious
Marks wise, i'm a contender.... my teachers marked very harshly on internal assessment of our BOWs and I got 49/50 yewwwtree

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
runtlocks said:
I'm really not sure...the whole process of who gets into art express and who doesnt is very political. all to do with your school...is it public/private...number of students...male or female...there are many variables.

But going on what my teachers have said anyone with from between 38-50 out of 50 has a chance. Just depends on your concept...if your work goes well together in an exhibition of other works....

I wonder what theme theyll go for this year.

I hope i get in...it would be great!

here are some photos of my BOW...i did documented forms coz my sculpture was too big...but the printed photos turned out great.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141564.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141565.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141472.jpg

Last edited:

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
hazaar said:
I'm really not sure...the whole process of who gets into art express and who doesnt is very political. all to do with your school...is it public/private...number of students...male or female...there are many variables.

But going on what my teachers have said anyone with from between 38-50 out of 50 has a chance. Just depends on your concept...if your work goes well together in an exhibition of other works....

I wonder what theme theyll go for this year.

I hope i get in...it would be great!

here are some photos of my BOW...i did documented forms coz my sculpture was too big...but the printed photos turned out great.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141564.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141565.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/hazaar/P5141472.jpg
I love your works Hazaar! The tree contrasts really well against the beach scene.

And yes, Art Express is based on curatorial decisions. Once you've been nominated the curators don't care what your mark is, they care about whether or not it goes with the theme and the other artworks that will be in the exhibition.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
I love your works Hazaar! The tree contrasts really well against the beach scene.

And yes, Art Express is based on curatorial decisions. Once you've been nominated the curators don't care what your mark is, they care about whether or not it goes with the theme and the other artworks that will be in the exhibition.
Very true.
Wonder what the theme is this year... wasn't sure what it was last year... hmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)