BOW pics (1 Viewer)

electric_six

HSC
Well its been some time since i last posted in this forum but i thought i might share my photos of my BOW with you guys. Its a sculpture that reflects the way media and technology mediates the growth of the 21st century child.

Sorry for the size of some of the images im crap at resizing photos.

electric_six

HSC
By the way LISOC i love you photos, ihad something similar in mind orginally for my BOW but your pics look awesome.

LISOC

HSC
thank you electric six! <3 your sculpture is AMAZING! it shits all over the sculptures made at my school. its conceptual and visual properties are so cohesive...wow!

MARK01

HSC

These are the three panels of my metaphysical series called Journey into the Infinite (I know, I know, I was reluctant to include the evil word 'Journey', but it was what fit best in the end.)

The whole process was awesome! I would go to the art room with my 'artsy-fartsy' friends (always very toungue in cheek) and paint the washes over and then scribble the pen on until my heart was content. A great way to deal with the HSC stress.

I don't know what to do in my frees now.

Beetle

HSC
hmm.. i dunt mind ur work.. but i find it a tad boring.. no offence though.. just my opinion.. it wouldve been great if you added a bit of extra colour and all.. but overall you should go alright.

What was ur internal mark for your bOW anyway?

MARK01

HSC
Hey, none taken! I like hearing all opinions.

I got 49 out of 50 for it and our teachers were pretty hard...the second mark was 47 and then 43.

You can't see it there, but there is a heap of linework put on by a black ball point pen, which gives it a messy expressive feel when viewed up close.

Last edited:

noodan

HSC
hey.. its been a while since anyone posted on in here.. i thought i may as well put some of my works up.. good luck to everyone, and congrats to those who have already been short listed ^_^

i only just realised that i don't have any individual photos of my works.. just pics from when my work was up on a wall at school. this is most of them, but i don't have a pic of my large painting.. its called "on a closer look".. i originally set out to explore media.. with cockroaches as my subject.. however the more i learnt about them.. and the more things i tried.. i realised there was both a hideous and, as terrible as it sounds... a beautiful side to them.. anyway.. ^_^

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
noodan said:
hey.. its been a while since anyone posted on in here.. i thought i may as well put some of my works up.. good luck to everyone, and congrats to those who have already been short listed ^_^

i only just realised that i don't have any individual photos of my works.. just pics from when my work was up on a wall at school. this is most of them, but i don't have a pic of my large painting.. its called "on a closer look".. i originally set out to explore media.. with cockroaches as my subject.. however the more i learnt about them.. and the more things i tried.. i realised there was both a hideous and, as terrible as it sounds... a beautiful side to them.. anyway.. ^_^

AS much as they disgust me and freak me out (one crawled into my bag of lolly pops >.<) THAT looks absolutely gorgeous... I love everything you've done.

noodan

HSC
luscious-llama said:
AS much as they disgust me and freak me out (one crawled into my bag of lolly pops >.<) THAT looks absolutely gorgeous... I love everything you've done.
eww that would have been gross.. i hate them too! i still shudder at the thought of the amount of cockroaches i had to pick up this year.. with gloves on, of course.. eww... >_<

but anyway, thanks for the feedback ^_^... this is the first time i've shown my art work on the net.. so i was kinda nervous about it.. ^-^

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
LISOC said:
Hi!
Here are my digital shots from my collection of works...

DESCRIPTION:
A collection of photographs playing on the contrast between grunge and glamour. They explore scenes of disenchanted youth, inspired by music culture and are underpinned by my personal exploration of self as both the photographer and model. My process gave itself to chance as I let my body in front of and ‘behind’ the camera be motivated by the progressive beats and troublesome lyrics of songs by bands such as Led Zeppelin, The Libertines, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Joy Division and The Jam.

I'll post an image of my final presentation, which also feature 3 mixed media abstract expressionist works to further capture the play between grunge and glamour i.e. grit vs gloss.

Beautiful Work Lisoc :) Did you use the different kinds of things to print them out on, Ie gloss or that glassy stuff and maybe something gritter or plainer?

LISOC

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Beautiful Work Lisoc :) Did you use the different kinds of things to print them out on, Ie gloss or that glassy stuff and maybe something gritter or plainer?
thank you llama <3

i decided to print the photos all on super gloss; this heavily contrasts with the raw, gritty paper (with torn edges) that i used for my abstract expressionist works thus physically manifesting the discourse between glamour vs. grunge:)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
LISOC said:
thank you llama <3

i decided to print the photos all on super gloss; this heavily contrasts with the raw, gritty paper (with torn edges) that i used for my abstract expressionist works thus physically manifesting the discourse between glamour vs. grunge:)
That sounds sexy, incredibly sexy, I think we have a very talented cohort this year :) as much as the idea's sorta been portrayed (my god have u seen heroin chic? Cory Kennedy?) and stuff like that throughout those "arty" magazines urs is really rawwww and gorgeous..

Supergloss ^_^!!

I think I may just make a thread showcasing Bodies of work :) later on cause its so hard to find stuff in this thread, <3

LISOC

HSC
luscious-llama said:
That sounds sexy, incredibly sexy, I think we have a very talented cohort this year :) as much as the idea's sorta been portrayed (my god have u seen heroin chic? Cory Kennedy?) and stuff like that throughout those "arty" magazines urs is really rawwww and gorgeous..

Supergloss ^_^!!

I think I may just make a thread showcasing Bodies of work :) later on cause its so hard to find stuff in this thread, <3
ahaha have you not used super glossy mcgloss before? : P

btw, i typed a reply yesterday and BOS decided to screw up on me so it deleted my message, that i'd crafted so carefully! *sigh* now i have the strength to semi-re-type it!

ugh, cory kennedy pisses me off...she's a stupid slag :burn: teehehe

thank you so much, it means a lot that youse like it. i found your BOW on deviantart after reading some other posters rave about your work and golly wolly, it's amazing!!! i'm a complete NOO8 when it comes to photography (especially photoshop and the likes) so i really was quite taken by your skillzzz.

i was originally inspired by the whole grungy, underground music scene becuase i tend to listen to a lot of the music but i don't particularly embrace the culture so it was a bit of an experiment at first. then i realised the glamourisation of that way of life and how abusive it is (hence the substance abuse evident in the pictures). i gave the girl a name (liza radley- from the song by the jam) and used the abstract pieces to give her depth as if it was her reaction to the way she is presented by others.

in many ways i'm having a go at the tendancy of fashion and contemporary art to turn something ugly into something stylish and beautiful as it has an ability to transpire and become dangerous to those who are naive and impressionable.

i shall shut up now. i talk too much : S i hope some of that can be seen in my work lolzz

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
LISOC said:
ahaha have you not used super glossy mcgloss before? : P
:) Not quite that super glossy mcgloss, all the stuff i've done requires matte :(

LISOC said:
btw, i typed a reply yesterday and BOS decided to screw up on me so it deleted my message, that i'd crafted so carefully! *sigh* now i have the strength to semi-re-type it!
AAAAAGh i hate it when it does that

LISOC said:
ugh, cory kennedy pisses me off...she's a stupid slag :burn: teehehe
Agreed. Let's assassinate her for being a trashy whore celebutante. Why is she famous again? Oh cause she's skinny, a party whore and like 16... illegal dude.

LISOC said:
thank you so much, it means a lot that youse like it. i found your BOW on deviantart after reading some other posters rave about your work and golly wolly, it's amazing!!! i'm a complete NOO8 when it comes to photography (especially photoshop and the likes) so i really was quite taken by your skillzzz.
Thank you LISOC that makes me feel awesome :), ahh yes i am on the deviantART.

LISOC said:
i was originally inspired by the whole grungy, underground music scene becuase i tend to listen to a lot of the music but i don't particularly embrace the culture so it was a bit of an experiment at first. then i realised the glamourisation of that way of life and how abusive it is (hence the substance abuse evident in the pictures). i gave the girl a name (liza radley- from the song by the jam) and used the abstract pieces to give her depth as if it was her reaction to the way she is presented by others.
Ahhhhhhhhh coooool, thats the best way to make an artwork, through the experimentation of not knowing something in depth... thats good u gave the girl a name cause it makes it more personaaal and they like that

LISOC said:
in many ways i'm having a go at the tendancy of fashion and contemporary art to turn something ugly into something stylish and beautiful as it has an ability to transpire and become dangerous to those who are naive and impressionable.
Mmmmmm.... naive and impressionable - 14 yr old emos!

LISOC said:
i shall shut up now. i talk too much : S i hope some of that can be seen in my work lolzz
Nah its okay, talking is great. particularly on a forum peopleconsider dead (at least the art section )

<3

rissoleux

HSC
hey guys! thought i'd upload my BOW pics! The work so far posted in this forum has been excellent! *self conscious* haha- 06 looks like a good year for art!

The digital images of the trees with the pattern over them were mounted onto black foam core, i had about 6 of these pictures. Same as the other orange images, they were also mounted onto black foam core an di had around 6 of those as well.

I dont have pictures of them mounted unfortunatley, my teacher decided to keep those! But yes, pics here:

Cheerssssss

View attachment 14072

View attachment 14073

View attachment 14074

View attachment 14075

View attachment 14076

View attachment 14077

View attachment 14078

View attachment 14079

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Here's two of mine. I'm too lazy to open the rest in photoshop for resizing since they're huge and take about 20 minutes to open on my crappy laptop. :D

They're images consiting of my family as part of an Escher-like picture, drawn in photoshop and printed on some matte paper at Harvey Norman. :p Except I haven't got images of them in all of their nice black mounts in a pretty black wall, so here's some resized versions. I forgot my original description, so... *insert citation and description here* :D

Eh, the top one is definitely better. -_-"

Porcia

HSC
Thade said:
Here's two of mine. I'm too lazy to open the rest in photoshop for resizing since they're huge and take about 20 minutes to open on my crappy laptop. :D

They're images consiting of my family as part of an Escher-like picture, drawn in photoshop and printed on some matte paper at Harvey Norman. :p Except I haven't got images of them in all of their nice black mounts in a pretty black wall, so here's some resized versions. I forgot my original description, so... *insert citation and description here* :D

Eh, the top one is definitely better. -_-"
holy christ if u didnt get preselected ill personally ... umm i dont know but omg this is good shit

fucking wonderful use of colour

noodan

HSC
thade, they are really awesome! damn..

what size did you print them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)