Bow Pics (1 Viewer)

jaNetix

heya johnson..thanks heaps ay ddue!...thats sik (ur comments)

wat i did was devised this method of using Le Snack plastic containers and i sraped om i thick layer of paint, then while still wet ben the plastic in the middle (so it would kinds bubble ober then pop) and youd see the colour undernath!!

very hard to explain....really have to see it to understand...

Lucy Loo

this is my BOW- there are three components relating to bushfire and it affects on flora and fauna.
the three chalk pastels are abstract and they represent the progression of a bushfire and the different stages- the fire itself, the burnt foliage and then re-growth
the painting is also abstract and its of a fire and the bird is fleeing and yada yada- i think you can figure it out
the third is just my photography,

the pics are EXTREMELY average and they arent the right way up, lol ooowwwww well

i dont know how to put 3 attachments onto one reply so ill do three replies, lol

Lucy Loo

and last but not least the painting with the burnt branch and nest wired onto it

please comment on what you think of my BOW, im open to criticism- i dont like it anymore because ive been lookin at it for WAY to long

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
*whistles* I like the middle one in the first picture. I really like the contrast between the black branches at the sky (verrrry nice blues btw). I'm not sure about the bottom - I think it looks a little bit unbalanced (just because of that larger area of black in the top left), but otherwise I really really like that piece. I like the other two, although they seem to be lacking something.

And the last picture! Very striking with the colours, and the way the branch is arranged.

Overall: *applauds* :D

I'll try and see if I can scan in some pictures of mine... *hunts for photos*

Lucy Loo

Originally posted by Daemontreu
*whistles* I like the middle one in the first picture. I really like the contrast between the black branches at the sky (verrrry nice blues btw). I'm not sure about the bottom - I think it looks a little bit unbalanced (just because of that larger area of black in the top left), but otherwise I really really like that piece. I like the other two, although they seem to be lacking something.

And the last picture! Very striking with the colours, and the way the branch is arranged.

Overall: *applauds* :D

I'll try and see if I can scan in some pictures of mine... *hunts for photos*
thanx :)
i knew the 1st and 3rd pastels were missing something- but i cant change it now- they have been sent, oh well

djfadz

hey lucy, i really like the first one they are really impressive. Are they quite large becuase from the pic they look quite big. Well done on completing your work. Good luck

Dj-FaDz

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Heh. I don't know how to put more than one attachment in a message either, so I'll just post a couple of messages shall I?

My work was three paintings, some sculptural bits and pieces, clay-work, and a folio of drawings (many of which I have not scanned, sorry!). There are around 40 of those drawings, so the bow is vaguely larger than it looks.

Although... I just remembered that I DO have some pictures on my Elfwood gallery of stuff I used:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/dragon_framwhel_styrxus2_ewood.jpg.html
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/lizard_insect2_ewood.jpg.html
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/priest_dogs_barew.jpg.html
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/skull_both_1.jpg.html
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meldesiree/map_ew.jpg.html

Lucy Loo

Originally posted by djfadz
hey lucy, i really like the first one they are really impressive. Are they quite large becuase from the pic they look quite big. Well done on completing your work. Good luck

Dj-FaDz
yeah they are pretty damn big- took me AGES, i dont know correct measurements but they are big as you can see. The painting is also rather large

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by goofy
Daemontreu

ummm....... i have to ask..... is that a bong?

you mean the soapstone dragon thing? how does it look like a bong..? :confused:

yo daemontrou, did u make that yourself?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh, I think goofy was referring to the clay piece which in one of the photos *squints* is holding down the corner of the right side of the map. Sheesh. Go for the details won't they?

The dragon? Yes. Made that myself. Very sore hands after that. Couldn't feel the ends of my fingers for a month or so (and during my trials). There was actual normal rock running through the stone, so that was absolute hell.:chainsaw:

berT

my BoW

hey guys... its so cool to see everybody's works!!.. god dam.. some are just amazing... hehe hey canoodle.. its ben.. fancy seeing u here!!!!!!!!!
well here is mine... enjoy!
p.s. keep sending in pics!!:p :p

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Woah! It looks so great! (Not sure of the concept, but I'm tired and full of fruit beverages...;)). Anyway, thumbs up from me over here.

Did you use film, or digital, or manipulate it in anyway?
Damn bert, it looks good! *applauds* :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)