Braces (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
I'm getting braces tomorrow. :eek:

Was wondering what food you guys ate after getting them, for the next week or so?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:

Was wondering what food you guys ate after getting them, for the next week or so?
Anything that was edible, namely noodles, as my teeth killed for the first couple of days. But, it was ok after that.

.ShAkEdOwN.

HSC
i tried to eat as normally as possible
although i went to maccas afterwards and i couldnt even eat fries [i had to suck on them] it took me 2 months until i could eat meat without any pain and when you get them tightened its even worse. yogurt is a good thing and bananas, all the healthy stuff you know.
& soup, spaghetti, chocolate, theres some liquid breakfast things you could try as well. they are pretty all right.

i got my braces off in march so im all free now .. but enjoy the train ride :]

T

trolloutaface

karoooh said:

lol, how much did it cost you altogether?

it feels shit chewing gum with braces. oeh, you shouldn't really eat chocolate, imo. don't eat anything that's too sticky or hard :/

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha youre not meant to be chewing gum when you have your braces.
i just ate normal foods, but without the crusty bread rolls (which meant no pork roll at the time since it just hurts so much) or chocolate bars

.ShAkEdOwN.

HSC
trolloutaface said:
you shouldn't really eat chocolate, imo. don't eat anything that's too sticky or hard :/
you can still eat chocolate if you suck on it!..duh!
nothing can stop me eating chocolate!!!!!!!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
karoooh said:

careful.. u may accidently get a tiny penis stuck in the wires.:santa: .

but usually meat and hard vegs get stuck

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
mine hurt really badly for around 2 weeks afterwards. i wanted to cry if i had to chew on something - soups are a great way to avoid this.

rice, cereal, nuts and SPINACH (grrr) are still really annoying to eat because they get stuck in the wires. spinach gets tangled all around and is so unattractive. :eek:

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i ate a hotdog on a crunchy breadroll 2 days after getting mine.
I had to be careful but it was certainly edible.

Just be careful with anything particularly hard, chewy (like caramel) or 'stringy' like steak.

I found that i had most difficulty chewing but could quite comfortably bite.
I ended up just chopping everything up into tiny pieces with my front teeth as opposed to chewing for the first week or so :eek:. my diet didnt change that much except for the exclusion of coke, which i now won't drink because it tastes gross.

(you can still eat mars bars, regardless of what the orthodontist says. just pull it apart instead of biting it ;))

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
flavoured water and liquified mush are probably the only things youll be able to drink for the next few days.

i remember the first few days of having braces were hell for me. mouth full of cuts and sores, pain from the slightest amount of contact between your top and bottom row of teeth, pain from using a straw due to the sucking force, not being able to lay on your side when resting as your pillow pushed into the side of your face, constant urge to rip your teeth out.

not fun.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
be realllllllllllly careful when eating sweets and toffees, if you have to have them. my absolute favourite treat is hard sweets and i have snapped off my brackets twice from crunching down without realising and.... yeah. :eek:
i'm so bad. :eek:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
flavoured water and liquified mush are probably the only things youll be able to drink for the next few days.

i remember the first few days of having braces were hell for me. mouth full of cuts and sores, pain from the slightest amount of contact between your top and bottom row of teeth, pain from using a straw due to the sucking force, not being able to lay on your side when resting as your pillow pushed into the side of your face, constant urge to rip your teeth out.

not fun.
:eek: omg that sounda awful!
mine was not nearly as bad as that. i just had a very dull and constant pain around my back teeth. i also have not really had cuts until the past week or so (due to the moving of my teeth and the fact that now they are more spread out and nearer the flesh in my mouth).
but i only have top braces, so that probably accounts for some of the reason why it was comparatively ok for me.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
careful.. u may accidently get a tiny penis stuck in the wires.:santa: .

but usually meat and hard vegs get stuck
LOL! in that case you might want to lay off the oral sex until you get used to them.

I ate soup and mashed taters and other soft foods. Bread sucks, gets stuck everywhere. I also didnt eat apples for the whole 2 years. Dont freak out when you first get them on. I know it sorta feels like....well the best description is claustrophobic you might feel like panicing but dont worry cause it feels real uncomfortable at first, but the pain fades and after a few weeks you wont even notice them. When they were done putting them on and they showed me in the mirror mum was all like "Dont freak out" and at first i felt like it...then i just went home to bed.

pffft

HSC
i thought the spacers were the most painfull thing...

but while i had braces, i ate everything i normally ate.

except not apples, cause i cbb chopping them up.

but trust me, it feels so great afterwards when you get them taken off. your face feels really....unnatural. and your teeth feel like jelly straight after they take them off, and its scary biting into something for the first time (like an apple or carrot) for the first time afterwards, cause you think your teeth are just going to snap off (which they wont).

nah. braces aren't that bad, except when you get them tightened.

ccc123

HSC
Yeah my eating habits were essentially the same while I had braces. The only food i'd advise against is anything really chewy, likje toffee. Trust me, you'll regret it when its all stuck to your braces, or worse, you have to get them rewired because the brackets have snapped.

Also, expect cuts and ulsers in the mouth. That, for me, was the worst part.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah thats what i did as well....feels soo good but then you get over it :)

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
Gosh Ive had my braces for over 3 years and its pissing me off! :burn:
Hmmm 3 years ago... when I first got them, I could not chew..... at all. I mashed all my food with a processing thing.... so yer.... pretty dammn bad.

After a while the pain gets better and you can eat fairly normal things. Sticky and hard things are bad though... they get stuck easier in your braces (I say easier coz basically anything can get stuck in your braces... arghhh I hate having food stuck in there... effing annoying!!)

And yeah... they hurt every time you get them tightened and most of the time you can barely chew for a few days after getting them tightened.

Well good luck! Im fairly unlucky coz of all the teeth problems I have so that's why its been so painful and long for me.... But most normal people dont have too much trouble and get them off after a 1.5-2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)