Breaking P curfew - How? (1 Viewer)

trendoid83862

HSC
Do you guys still drive friends around after 11?

Apart from ducking down in the back of my car, anyone else have any tips to get past the system?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Avoid it if you can obv.
Take P plates off if you can pass for an old enough look.
If you're like 30 mins or something into it and you've been to the movies they're USUALLY understanding.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I pick-up my sister and her friends after 11 all the time. It's a fucking stupid rule, if I ever get pulled over, I'd just say: "I'm not hooning around, it's a station wagon, and would you rather a pair of teenage girls be forced to make their own way home at midnight?"

Edit: I know it's still against the law, but I'd like to think any cop with common sense wouldn't do anything about it, assuming you're driving responsibly.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Yeah boot it, it's alright if you pick up your cousin or something like that.
We got pulled over, and i just said yeah i picked up my cousin and his mates from a party, they were getting chased by like 20guys and i didnt want him getting hurt, but if its with girls say what riet said.
Boot is fun, unless they have subwoofas.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Boot is also extremely dangerous too, and if you get pulled over, no seatbelts will get you owned while if you were doing the right thing they'll let you off more often than not.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Just tell your mate to stfu, when do they ever open the boot but?
Only problem is if it crashes your fucked!
Best thing I've ever seen in a boot, boot opened while driving and just watching the back of the car move from the boot, soooooo tripppppy

HSC
if you let your friends ride in your boot, obviously you have a total disregard for the safety of your friends and therefore are a complete fuckwit

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Exphate said:
My cousin is a copper. He has openly stated that many police - whilst "bound" by duty to do so - won't "enforce" the P-Plate curfew, sighting their own experiences, and logical thinking. That is, 1 car w/ 5 people as oppose to 5 cars with 1 person. Wooh carnage.

I've been breath tested with a full car @ midnight. They didn't bother to ask for IDs to check their ages. (all over the age mentioned, 21 i think). To avoid it, simply don't do it.
Wrong.

I've personally seen three P-platers get done in Parramatta for driving after curfew. All of them got the max fine and the point deduction.

osamabanana

HSC
ive never bothered driving more than 1 friend around after 11 anyway but im curious about what the punishment is if i do get caught? is it a lose license offence?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Ive done it a couple of times, but mostly not that long after 11.

The worst was when I was dropping some friends home and I got stuck in a red light in front of a bar (where there must have been a bar fight or something) and there were about 10 police cars and 30 police officers all over the road. But I guess they were more preoccupied with whatever happened, than the P plater with 2 passengers after 11.

I told myself that after that I wouldnt do it anymore. But I feel guilty driving home and then expecting my friends to get a bus/taxi/walk.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
my friends who drive do it all the time unless we're going into the city which is not very often. never had anything happen. and if they ever got pulled over, well its either let a P plater drive a few friends home or make the passengers spend a shitload on a taxi home, and when home is like 30km away or more thats a lot of money and not worth it :/

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Avoid it if you can obv.
Take P plates off if you can pass for an old enough look.
If you're like 30 mins or something into it and you've been to the movies they're USUALLY understanding.
I've heard that if you get caught breaking curfew AND you have taken off your P plates there is a very high chance that you get fucked up really badly from the police if you do get caught

- whereas if you are caught breaking curfew, and you still have your plates on and your upfront and honest about it, then you have a pretty good chance of them letting you off.

It makes sense to me.

F2001

HSC
dont get caught??

if u do see RBT, chuck a P plate at the front left window and throw one in the back, then say it fell off. Looool

BackCountrySnow

HSC
How often do you come across cops on the road anyway.
Around where I live you see them around once every four months.
Try your luck.

HSC
Mm. Cops are driving around everywhere near I live. Parked behind bushes near the pub, waiting to sprung alcos. Near the roundabout near my school to catch people speeding...

booman08

HSC
out here in the middle of nowhere ya think ya could get away wit it but da cop are cunts and usually the female cops that are the worst for it so we jst drive round wit no plates on da car aye

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
booman08 said:
out here in the middle of nowhere ya think ya could get away wit it but da cop are cunts and usually the female cops that are the worst for it so we jst drive round wit no plates on da car aye
bogan found

iNomes

HSC
We always go with the "S/he is a sibling" if one them looks like the driver. But doesn't have ID to proove it.
Cause your aloud to have siblings in the car, then one after that.

Always get away with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)