Bridget Riley (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Just wondering, has anyone checked out the Bridget Riley exhibition at the MCA? If you haven't, it's a must see. It's amazing what she has done, and it doesn't only have her works, but it's got alot of her prep stuff like experiments etc. It's definatley worth checking out if you're doing your HSC this year...

:)
Chelz

Cellie

HSC
Yes, diffinitely a must see!

We saw her work during our art/drama sydney excursion early this year and it was absolutely entrancing. Its even more amazing to know and see that it is all done by hand and not computer generated.

Our MCA guide or educator guided us through her works. It was great.

nerd_it_up

HSC
bridget riley was awesome!!!!!!

For an art excursion we had to go and c art express and then bridget riley
i was so fascinated by Bridget riley's work and her exploration of music and its depiction in art. i especially enjoyed looking at one of her works, can't memba the name of it, that looked like it was the cover for a spanish maracca (music maker made out of rice)
the exhibition was amazing and i would definetly see it again!!

bolst

sorry guys but i found bridget riley really boring......i mean yer it was cool if you look at when she was doing it in the seventies when it was different and had a point to it, but if shes still doing the same thing 30 years later i can't help but find it disappointing that she hasn't really grown as an artist....its almost like shes stuck in the 70's, lost with the whole concept of optical illusion. i really cant see what she brings to her work that is contemporary....i dunno kinda let me down, when everyone else around her has grown and shes still doing the same thing.......
lee bull on the other hand.....she has some cool stuff going on, but the stuff they got in the mca isn't her best- very much reminds me of stellarc though, the whole cyborg concept.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
True, Riley hasn't changed what she has done much over the years. But then again, look at artists like... Van Gogh. He didn't exactly change his concepts etc over the years that he was an artist. Then again he was mentally unstable and an alcoholic... but still! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)