BRIDGING COURSES for Sport science/Nutrition (1 Viewer)

Andrew007

HSC
hey guys

i am doing the double degree and was wondering how vital are the bridging courses? i only did Biology and PDHPE for the HSC, and am under the impression that i cannot choose fundamentals of chemistry...is this correct?

that means i will have to do Chem 1101 - which looks really hard. So i guess i need to do a chem bridging course.

but....is mathematics bridging course necessary? i only did general maths and the bridging course for maths is a pain, 2 weeks for 2hrs per day and clashes with chem. Is 2-unit maths knowledge necessary? would i be disadvantaged? Is anyone else doing a mathematics bridging course for exercise sport science/nutrition?

edit: also, wots the deal with having to do 6 units of junior mathematics?
thanx

Last edited:

claire_bear

claire_bear
HSC
Hey Andrew, im going into third yr of ur course. I'm pretty sure us double degree people can't enroll in fundamentals probably because of time table clashes, i know a few people were trying to get them to allow it but im not sure if that got through! I'm not sure how valuable the bridging course is for chem but i would say any extra knowledge will be good for chem 1a, at least u wont have to come to terms with the basics. With the maths one, if u think its all a bit hard now u can prob leave it til the start of 2nd or 3rd yr cuz we dont actually start maths until 3rd yr. In other subjects bfor then we dont really do a massive amount of maths. I ended up giving up on maths in yr 12 and so far nothing has been too hard for me so just see how u go i guess. The thing with 6 cp of jnr maths is some regulation for the bachelor of science degree. I have no idea really but i guess they think its important for any science kind of job? Lol uni is all about making u do random stuff, you thought u got away from it : P I actually thought it was 12, im hoping ur right!
Good luck : )
Claire.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)