Bridging courses (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
From the University of Sydney:

"If you do not have the assumed knowledge for your course, we strongly recommend that you undertake bridging studies. Otherwise, you might find it difficult to manage the work, as your lecturer will assume you are familiar with this area of study. Bridging courses are also useful if you struggled with the subject in high school, or need a refresher."

Wouldn't it be a bit early to think about bridging courses in your case?

Spare_information

HSC
I'm thinking about it now because I want to become a Civil engineer but because I go to a Muslim school which wants to get their smh rank higher, they give students which are fully capable of doing advanced and extension subjects, standard subjects to capitalise on b6's. In my case they're making me do standard maths and telling me to do a bridging course for adv maths, which will help me do better in uni. Thats why i'm asking

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about it now because I want to become a Civil engineer but because I go to a Muslim school which wants to get their smh rank higher, they give students which are fully capable of doing advanced and extension subjects, standard subjects to capitalise on b6's. In my case they're making me do standard maths and telling me to do a bridging course for adv maths, which will help me do better in uni. Thats why i'm asking
Yeah in that case they would be useful since, if you end up doing standard maths, you will need to compensate the adv/extension content not covered because I'm pretty sure that's assumed knowledge for engineering courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)