Brief question (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sorry guys if my post is similar to the ones that would have come out before in this forum. However, I would like these questions answered:

1. As Mathematics Extension 2 students, how many classes do you have in a fortnight. Tell me how long your classes are as well.
  2. Are you also doing 2 Unit Mathematics as well or just Extension 2 and 1 Mathematics?
  3. If you are doing 2 Unit Mathematica as well, do you have to take exams for that course? (I mean internal exams at school, not HSC)
I would really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Hey, i did ext 2 last year, so i can answer your question.

1. We had 2 ext 2 lessons per week, so that's 4 lessons per fortnight, and they went for the usual time of about 50-55 minutes.
2/3. ext 2 students are not required to do the 2 unit course or sit for any 2 unit exams, because it is assumed by the BOS that if ext 2 students did sit 2 unit exams, then they would be able to achieve a band 6. I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to do ext 2 and 2unit at the same time anyway, because both exams are timetabled to be on at the same time (if i can remember correctly).

this thread is helpful: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=170345

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks.

By the way, weren't you supposed to be doing more periods since you did 4 Unit Mathematics?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I have the same teacher for 2,3,4u.

Each week we have 7 *80minute periods.

We cover a 2unit topic/3unit topic that might compliment a 4unit topic.

You learn the whole course, the extra time helps it.

Also, we were only required to do the first 2unit assessment task as a backup if we found 4u to be too hard.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
I have the same teacher for 2,3,4u.

Each week we have 7 *80minute periods.

We cover a 2unit topic/3unit topic that might compliment a 4unit topic.

You learn the whole course, the extra time helps it.

Also, we were only required to do the first 2unit assessment task as a backup if we found 4u to be too hard.
That is 14 periods a fortnight, right? Intake seems a lot.

So you cover all the 2, 3 and 4 Units...

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
1. Ive got 4 (55 minute) 4 unit periods and 4 3 unit periods a week (so 16 a fortnight). The reason we have so many is because we did 2u advanced, and last year a lot of the students complained that they did not have enough periods.

2/3. I am not doing 2 unit because I have already done it

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Thanks.

By the way, weren't you supposed to be doing more periods since you did 4 Unit Mathematics?
lol, i meant, i did 4 Ext 2 periods per fornight on top of the normal Ext 1/2 unit periods (6 per week). so, that's 16 periods per fortnight all up. And of those 6 non-ext-2 lessons, 4 were on 2 unit topics and 2 were on ext 1 topics.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ssejamafone said:
lol, i meant, i did 4 Ext 2 periods per fornight on top of the normal Ext 1 periods (6 per week). so, that's 16 periods per week all up. And of those 6 non-ext-2 lessons, 4 were on 2 unit topics and 2 were on ext 1 topics.
Problem solved!!!

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Problem solved!!!
haha, i edited it a bit, coz i typed some stuff wrong. but, i hope essentially, my message was conveyed. :p

Poad

HSC
We have 8 lessons (~50mins each) of Maths a week. Its not reallt split up into "x periods for 3U, y periods for 4U" rather we do "this topic of 3U, then that topic of 4U". Naturally it takes us only a week or so to do a 3U topic. Oh, and, we all accelerated 2U, so no more 2U stuff for us.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
In summary, you need to cover contents of all the 2, 3 and 4 unit maths regardless, right?

If you are accelerant, you can choose to do only 4 unit maths, right?

Sorry for my continuous curiosity. Just couldn't help it. Thanks.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lyounamu said:
In summary, you need to cover contents of all the 2, 3 and 4 unit maths regardless, right?

If you are accelerant, you can choose to do only 4 unit maths, right?

Sorry for my continuous curiosity. Just couldn't help it. Thanks.
Depends on how your school works, in my school we don't have acellerated courses other than computers.

I'd assume that if you're happy with your 2u/3u HSC marka nd go on to do 4u, you'd only be covering the 4u course, although I reckon doing abit of 3u will help tremendously.

undalay

HSC
What's the difference between 2u and 3u? Seems like the same to me ahaha.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
1. we have 2 lessons per fortnight, each lesson being 2 hours
2. of course we're still doing 2u maths because u need to know that stuff before u can do the work in 3u and anything in 4u
3. no we don't have to sit the 2u exams. the 2u ones are on the same time as the 4u. if u happen to drop down later, they do some stuff to calculate your mark

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
1. we have 5 lessons a fortnight: 3 for 1 hour, 2 for 1.5 hours
2. yeah we all do the 2unit cause u need it for ext I and II
3. yeah we have to sit all the exams until the half yearlies then only ext I and II for the rest.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sandchairs said:
1. we have 5 lessons a fortnight: 3 for 1 hour, 2 for 1.5 hours
2. yeah we all do the 2unit cause u need it for ext I and II
3. yeah we have to sit all the exams until the half yearlies then only ext I and II for the rest.
Thanks guys for your help.

By the way, Sanfchairs, how is Engineering Studies? It looks so interesting. Is it easy?

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Here's the same. 16 periods per fortnight (40m/p). We have mechanics and harder 3u left for 4u. Ww basically finished off 3u.

4u boys only sat the first 2u exam and now all have only 10units.

Yeah! I don't find anything different between 2u and 3u tho. We just, like, study everything. lolz

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Sorry guys if my post is similar to the ones that would have come out before in this forum. However, I would like these questions answered:
  1. As Mathematics Extension 2 students, how many classes do you have in a fortnight. Tell me how long your classes are as well.
  2. Are you also doing 2 Unit Mathematics as well or just Extension 2 and 1 Mathematics?
  3. If you are doing 2 Unit Mathematica as well, do you have to take exams for that course? (I mean internal exams at school, not HSC)
I would really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.
1. We have three classes a fortnight unfortunately. They're 80 minutes each.

2. Yes, I'm doing 2U but most of the time I'm doing 3U or 4U work during these classes.

3. Its up to us whether or not if we want to take the 2U exam. I took the first one, but not the half-yearly this time around.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
lyounamu said:
Thanks guys for your help.

By the way, Sanfchairs, how is Engineering Studies? It looks so interesting. Is it easy?
its not bad... if u have heaps of common sense and logic skills its easy, if ur good at maths u get all the mechanics questions out and stuff up teh drawing... if ur good at drawing u get all the drawing questions out and probably stuff up the mechanics... if ur good at nothing u get most of it out and lose out on the harder questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)