brittany higgins (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
David Vaughan Sharaz was born in 1991, in Wrexham, north Wales, to a Welsh mother and Indian father.

By coincidence, he was adopted by a Welsh mother Jean and an Indian father Mo, who lived in Australia.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i really don't know what to think about this whole thing

making up the rape claim out of absolutely nothing would be extremely brazen

if she did it because she got found naked and wanted to protect her reputation/job, you would think she would just say her drink was spiked or something

but she HAS obviously lied about a lot of stuff. Like the government hacking her phone and wiping it completely, but she somehow managed to have a copy of a useful photo of her bruised leg, which conveniently was a screenshot so you couldn't tell when it was taken. This isn't just misremembering some details from a traumatic experience, this is super fucking sus stuff.

but then also the idea that bruce took her to parliment house, and he just did some work and and then left while barely talking to her is weird

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
my best guess is they had drunken sex together and then afterwards higgins convinced herself it was forcible rape while lehrmann thought his best option was to claim they never even had sex because the fact that she was intoxicated carried the risk of it being called rape anyway

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
my best guess is they had drunken sex together and then afterwards higgins convinced herself it was forcible rape while lehrmann thought his best option was to claim they never even had sex because the fact that she was intoxicated carried the risk of it being called rape anyway
Im really convinced of this now, but I worry that lehrmann lying about not having sex at all will jeopardize the case

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
i agree i think he is lying they didnt fuc, i think they fuced but maybe it just wasnt rape, who knows though

even if it was rape i dont think it was that big a deal tbh even germaine greer agrees with me

“Most rapes don’t involve any injury whatsoever,” Greer said, according to the Guardian. “We are told that it is a sexually violent crime, an expert like Quentin Tarantino will tell us that when you use the word rape you’re talking about violence, a throwing them down ... it is one of the most violent crimes in the world. Bulls--t Tarantino.”

Greer said the culture's ideas about rape make the experience more traumatic for women than it needs to be. Society wants women to believe that rape will destroy them, she said. “We haven’t been destroyed, we’ve been bloody annoyed is what we’ve been,” she told the newspaper.

She cited a study that found that 70 percent of rape victims suffer post-traumatic stress disorder compared with 20 percent of conflict veterans. “What the hell are you saying? Something that leaves no sign, no injury, no nothing is more damaging to a woman than seeing your best friend blown up by an IED is to a veteran?” she asked.

Greer said that some rapes are violent. In those cases, she said, the perpetrators should be punished.

But in most cases, she said, it's hard for lawyers to prove that the perpetrators truly did not have consent. Instead of humiliating trials that devolve into long debates about what happened behind closed doors, Greer said, we should punish rape less harshly but make it easier for women to push claims through.

Rather than prison, Greer recommended that rapists be punished with 200 hours of community service and perhaps an “r” tattoo on the hand, arm or cheek.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
why? hes just agreeing with a highly influential feminist
Agreeing with someone generalising rape to leave “no sign no damage” is harmful imo. Punishing rape less harshly isn’t gonna deincentivise it at all, it’s gonna make things worse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)