brothers grimm (1 Viewer)

HSC
does anyone know any books related to brothers grimm whereby the tales are like twisted? the stories are like darker and bad things happen to the main characters...

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Hansel and Gretel is pretty twisted...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
☆ said:
does anyone know any books related to brothers grimm whereby the tales are like twisted? the stories are like darker and bad things happen to the main characters...
Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
see i thought the bros grimm stories are the original 'real' ones and the toned down ones we know today are the 'twisted' ones. but you say that the grimm ones are 'twisted' :confused:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
hollyy. said:
see i thought the bros grimm stories are the original 'real' ones and the toned down ones we know today are the 'twisted' ones. but you say that the grimm ones are 'twisted' :confused:
thats one thing we'll never truly know which are/were the seminal (s/p) text. Personally my English teacher turned me off nursery rhymes for ever last year when he said that most fairy tales have a deeper sexually rooted meaning. I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE HUMPTY DUMPTY THE SAME AGAIN :(

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats one thing we'll never truly know which are/were the seminal (s/p) text. Personally my English teacher turned me off nursery rhymes for ever last year when he said that most fairy tales have a deeper sexually rooted meaning. I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE HUMPTY DUMPTY THE SAME AGAIN :(
True. Take Alice in Wonderland for example. People have told me Lewis Carroll was on a high when he wrote the book, and the entire thing is a nonsensical, sexual allegory. For example how many ways can you interpret, 'down the rabbit hole'?

HSC
i wasn't exactly thinking of that kind of book. more like the tales are twisted into murder stories. i read about it somewhere but i don't know what the book is called...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)