Bsc -> Pharm/Dentistry/Optometry? (1 Viewer)

imoO

HSC
Hi there,

I just finished the HSC and got my ATAR. I have Pharmacy at USYD as a first preference but I fear I may miss out due to my ATAR being slightly below cut-off. I've looked at other options, and I think the best for me would be to transfer.

After 1st year BSc that is... (This is where I THINK I'm headed at the moment) What kind of marks would I need to maintain first year BSc?

I just wanted to ask would the subjects I choose 1st year BSc restrict me to a pharm transfer or would I also be able to transfer to say....Dentistry or Optometry if I changed my mind during the year?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

whimagent

HSC
Well did you get an offer?

The course you pick doesn't have any advantage for the decision on whether you get an offer or not. If courses are similar, you could apply for credit in the course you get the transfer to.

The 3 courses you have selected all have special conditions (well it depends on the Uni).

If you wish to transfer into Usyd Pharmacy, you will probably need to maintain a distinction avg. if you have a UAI/ATAR around the 90s.

You should pick a course you'd think you do good at. Usually something you find interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)