• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BScIT/DITPP Question (1 Viewer)

lr59

This is a for those currently doing the BScIT/DITPP course at UTS.

I was wondering how much trouble you had finding jobs for the year in industry. Did UTS help you out heaps or did you mainly have to go around yourself submitting your resume?

Also, how much did you get paid for that time in industry (rough figures will do)?

And finally, did you enjoy it? Did you get to do meaningful stuff or was it just menial work which half-bored you to death?

Any responses would be much appreciated

Thanks
Luke

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
dude.... basically because fatmuscle and kath and the rest of the admins are only second years (and really only 4th years could answer all those questions), they cant help you out all that much in terms that most didnt get jobs (or so i heard) or they dont know because they havent done it... but i'll tell you what i noe - second years, feel free to correct me here.

the faculty acts as a job agency - they post up jobs and you get it yourself. pay: trainee wage $20 - 30K a year, depends on what you do.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
just post in this uts forum. we'll do our best to answer your queries.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Ive asked a few people.....but many say...its not worth it....they dont recommend this degree.....cos prolly IT is down these days...and also some1 told me this degree has next to no maths in the course....unless you hate maths id say it would be hard to adjust....i like maths so im thinking i shud not do this course!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its a good course, IT is on the up again. i say, do what you like and what you think you are good at. also, theres no maths. do maths computing if you like maths.

JRasnier

I dont beleive IT is on the up again, i still beleive its getting lower, but i still want to get into the course, because i love computers simple as that...follow what u want to do, not what the industry wants, cause if u love it enough, u will find a way to get into that industry...... thats my 2 cents

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Any IT degree I am doing will be followed by a Diploma of Education

So If I cant find a job, I can always become a teacher (which is what I want to do ultimately)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
compared to courses at sydney uni...b compuer science (advanced)...which is better BscIT at UTS or B Comp science at Sydney Uni?

Also,.....if i do B commerce....do u think it will be alot of computers?? if i major in Information Systems?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by lil_star
compared to courses at sydney uni...b compuer science (advanced)...which is better BscIT at UTS or B Comp science at Sydney Uni?

Also,.....if i do B commerce....do u think it will be alot of computers?? if i major in Information Systems?

im in your situation trying to decide between comp sci at USYD or BscIT at UTS fuck...

sorcerer

yo arn_e.

yer for sure.
as cut off last was what like 85. doubt it would increase as much as dat

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
im in your situation trying to decide between comp sci at USYD or BscIT at UTS fuck...
i went to the advisory service today...the careers advisor recommended UTS due to the quality as well as the work experience given in the course of BscIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)