I want to join it and I heard there's a camp? What's it like? :jump:

HSC
N/A
I'm probably gonna cry if i don't get a place in the camp :haha:

i heard it was a good way to make friends

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Camp tickets are on sale during o-week. Make sure you come to o-week on Monday to get the camp tickets otherwise they will be gone by the end of the day.

Camp is usually just drinking, playing games, doing activities, trivia etc. It's a good way to get to know people through the group activities and other social events. I never went to BSoc Camp but I have been to LawSoc Camp. They are pretty much similar if not the same.

As a Business student (commerce, eco, actuarial etc), you are automatically a member of BSoc. As a member you are invited to career and social events. You also get discounts to BSoc Ball and BSoc Cruise. The Executive and Director positions have already been assigned, however, I think you can still sign up for like officer positions under each director.

beacause

HSC
Camp tickets are on sale during o-week. Make sure you come to o-week on Monday to get the camp tickets otherwise they will be gone by the end of the day.

Camp is usually just drinking, playing games, doing activities, trivia etc. It's a good way to get to know people through the group activities and other social events. I never went to BSoc Camp but I have been to LawSoc Camp. They are pretty much similar if not the same.

As a Business student (commerce, eco, actuarial etc), you are automatically a member of BSoc. As a member you are invited to career and social events. You also get discounts to BSoc Ball and BSoc Cruise. The Executive and Director positions have already been assigned, however, I think you can still sign up for like officer positions under each director.
How many places are there and we know no info about it so how would we know how much it will cost, etc etc?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
How many places are there and we know no info about it so how would we know how much it will cost, etc etc?
There are usually 200-250 spots however, you have about 1.5k kids doing Commerce. Add in actuarial, economics, info sys etc and you probably hit 2.5k or more. I can't remember the exact price but it's usually $150-$200.

BSoc Camp will usually run the weekend (Friday-Sunday) after Week 1.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
commerce students in bsoc

and from my experience douchebags are overrepresented in commerce

HSC
N/A

does anyone know where exactly to get these tickets during oweek? is it there a business stall or something? LOL. Also, i wonder if they take eftpos...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
does anyone know where exactly to get these tickets during oweek? is it there a business stall or something? LOL. Also, i wonder if they take eftpos...
There will be a BSoc Stall along the main walk way. Look out for a blue banner saying Business Society.

They don't take eftpos. They only take cash.

HSC
N/A
There will be a BSoc Stall along the main walk way. Look out for a blue banner saying Business Society.

They don't take eftpos. They only take cash.
That's ridiculous. I never carry that much cash on me :'(

I will be sad if I don't find it in time/dont get a place at camp.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
That's ridiculous. I never carry that much cash on me :'(

I will be sad if I don't find it in time/dont get a place at camp.
there are ATMs around uni which you can withdraw from. You will only be carrying that much cash around for like 5 min? :D

beacause

HSC
I really want to go :D Do you know when details are released or is it only at the stall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)