Budget! (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
I don't know!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just reading it off my assessment sheet:
outline the main features of a federal budget.
I know hardly anything about the budget!!!!!!!

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by rumour
I don't know!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just reading it off my assessment sheet:
outline the main features of a federal budget.
I know hardly anything about the budget!!!!!!!

Hahaha! Thats like when we went to see a play of King Lear for school, and someone asked the director "what values are being portrayed in your production?"

What else did Latham offer in his budget response? ALl i've heard is tax cuts for low income earners and training programs to help lower youth unemployment. Anything else?

rumour

HSC
More uni positions!!!!!!!!!
And more tafe positions for 15-18 year olds!!!!!!!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Oh dear, apparently Latham's Budget reply speech will include FURTHUR tax cuts on top of the current 15billion (source SMH) :(

Originally posted by Asquithian
i think we have gone tax cut crazy!
Just another political soap box...The amount is quite paltry actually, they would be better spending it and the surplus, I don't know, subsidising unis instead of this 25% increase in HECS?!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
WTF?

You think 15 billion dollars is paltry? :rolleyes:
across the board, yes.
But who am I to complain? These rebates will be spent immediately anyway...just another boost to the economy...I guess Im pissed cause I haven't filed a tax return...

Originally posted by Persephone87
across the board, yes.
But who am I to complain? These rebates will be spent immediately anyway...just another boost to the economy...I guess Im pissed cause I haven't filed a tax return...
What you want is basically for more of 'your share' of 15b to go to you, and for others to miss out.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Welcome to MISS THE POINTSVILLE
Population: You.

They're saying 65,000 to 80,000 a year doesn't make you rich, more middle class (something with LATHAM AGREES WHICH, in fact, he might have been the one saying it first) and as such you shouldn't be paying 42 cents in the dollar on tax (i think thats the 65000 barrier). If you think 65000 a year is rich, you are sadly mistaken.
Are you refering to me. my household income is 20 to 30 thousand. I was complaining about the governments view of 65000 to 80000 being rich. And by the way, anything between the speech marks was a direct quote from Howard or Costello.

"Anyone who earns 65,200 to 80,000 a year is not rich" - from your first post, quoting some liberal party figure

"I was complaining about the governments view of 65000 to 80000 being rich" - from your above post

This leads me to one question: The fuck you on about?

nickw...

HSC
N/A
The hospitals are falling down, because there is not enough money given to them. Public schools are falling down, because the majority of money given to schools is given to private schools. Yet howard gives tax cuts? And only to the highest tax brackets? you're an idiot John.

Oh and damn it, not so much on defence you baldy prick. If you didnt go provoking fights, you wouldnt need to spend billions on tanks and planes. I think our SAS lads do just fine.

hi nickw...

By the sound of things, the education system MUST be in crisis! Either that, or you're just really stupid.

Hospitals are funded by the STATE GOVERNMENT, so holla atcha boy Bob Carr for that
A majority of money is given to public schools. Private schools have recently overtaken public universities of funding, but your backwater school is in the sector getting more money.
Way to represent for the public education system.

Oh, and we don't need tanks or planes either, because no-ones going to fight us? Damn, we must have just brought World War 1 and World War 2 upon ourselves! Goddamn Fisher, I swear I knew that guy was running the country into the ground.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC

By the sound of things, the education system MUST be in crisis! Either that, or you're just really stupid.

Hospitals are funded by the STATE GOVERNMENT, so holla atcha boy Bob Carr for that
A majority of money is given to public schools. Private schools have recently overtaken public universities of funding, but your backwater school is in the sector getting more money.
Way to represent for the public education system.

Note that all the state gvts are run by labour(except for Tasmania, which is Greenie)...just as those gvts are also responsible for the crappy train system and the deteriating infrastructure, not the federal gvt, which is incidentally, liberal...
And if you argue it is the individual budgets of the state are lacking extra funding from the gvt, note that the money has been sqandered on the electorial campaigns of laber state governments....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nickw...
Oh and damn it, not so much on defence you baldy prick. If you didnt go provoking fights, you wouldnt need to spend billions on tanks and planes. I think our SAS lads do just fine.
Before you go on about spending billions of dollars on tanks and planes, they are all outdated.

The F/A-18 models are the original models (A and B) not the newer super hornet that the USN have (models E and F).

We are the only country to use the F111 as it was too expensive to maintain in the USA, as it was getting too old.

Billions of dollars still leaves us well behind.

rumour

HSC
uh, why don't you go to the budget website and see what the main features are yourself;)
I did, but it still don't understand!!!!
There are like 10 different documents!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)