Build a PC - $1000 (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
So can you do it, build one for $1000? for any purpose (i dont htink you have much choice) musst include monitor.

ohdato

HSC
www.dell.com.au

*wipes hands as if labouring work had been done*

Prob the better place if the computer has a general purpose.

If you have the general know how you can custom build a
decent computer for that budget.

http://www.msy.com.au/

This place will be your friend. Good with prices but the lines at
the shop are crazy lol I think i lined up for 45mins or more for a mobo, hdd and ram I was ready to buy the whole computer but $$$ said no.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I agree. If you're not looking for a special purpose machine or any particular parts, places like Dell just makes life much easier.

Otherwise, you can always spend the time to look for parts. MSY has good prices, but you might line up for a long time only to be on the receiving end of "no stock". I like umart, prices aren't as low as MSY, but at least you'll know whether something is in stock way before you go in.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i hope you arent planning on gaming with 100$ "Beast" because that computer will struggle with doom original. If its for internet browsing and ms word i guess its ok

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
i hope you arent planning on gaming with 100$ "Beast" because that computer will struggle with doom original. If its for internet browsing and ms word i guess its ok
doom original is the first doom, man i run that on 486 lol.

dell's crap though.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Yeah you can definitely build a decent computer for $1000...one that would satisfy pretty much everyone except for avid gamers.

The last time I went to MSY the lines were soooooooooo damn long, so I just went to other shops nearby and asked them to match MSY's prices. And they did. (This was at Auburn)

VSAcclaim

HSC
i've never built a computer from scratch but think i could...i mean ive beggered up plenty of computers playing with them...so i spose i could...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
So can you do it, build one for $1000? for any purpose (i dont htink you have much choice) musst include monitor.
I built my computer and it costed about $900-1000.

Pentium 4 2.68GHz
112GB Hard drive
512MB RAM
NVIDA GeForce 5200
LCD Samsung Flat Screen 15Inch Monitor
Speakers

I'll give you the number of the guy, if your interested.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you can live with a CRT monitor, $1000 could build a somewhat decent machine (definitely not for things like video editting and gaming though). With LCD, it's harder but doable.

As people have suggested before, if you have no special needs or feel like upgrading, Dell is pretty good for the price.

Otherwise, if you can build it yourself, you can select cheaper options now that have upgrade paths later on eg integrated graphics but with PCIe 16x slot.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what do you mean "live with" CRT, as far as iam concerned they have no dissadvantage unless you LAN alot, in which case u might want a back brace.
CRT has fast response times and are cheaper

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
CRTs have less screen real estate, are far heavier and bulkier, and when you get screen sizes to match 19" LCDs you will realise that they aren't that cheap.

Collin

HSC
N/A
As a gamer, my main biff concerning LCDs over CRTs are issues concerning native resolutions. I prefer high resolution LCDs (just ordered a 20" Dell 2007FP 1600x1200) for productivity, but I definitely don't prefer to play the types of games I play all the time on 16*12 at the graphical settings I insist on playing at. Other than that, LCDs are awesome.. and even lil' old-fashioned me has made the transition finally to LCD (hence, the purchase).

As for the <$1,000 PC, go Dell. They're good at cheap desktops.

vern

HSC
sunny said:
I agree. If you're not looking for a special purpose machine or any particular parts, places like Dell just makes life much easier.

Otherwise, you can always spend the time to look for parts. MSY has good prices, but you might line up for a long time only to be on the receiving end of "no stock". I like umart, prices aren't as low as MSY, but at least you'll know whether something is in stock way before you go in.
LOL, I have had that same guy at ultimo with his thick accent "NOR STOCK!". But seriously, if you guys go to ultimo and ring up the number they actually answer their phone. Umart are also great tbh, prices aren't that much different and you might save about $50 over a entire computer buying from MSY over UMART.

Then again I bought a 19" Samsung LCD, Creative X-Fi Xtreme music, Logitech 5400, Twinhan Digital tv tuner card (getting the hint here, my PC is being turned into an entertainment rig ;)) from MSY and had no problems.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Dell Notebooks are notorious for poor build quality, especially with the 04/05 models.
Really?

I know quite a few people that have them that don't mind them. I don't like the heat, but what's 'notorious' about them?

Collin

HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
Really?

I know quite a few people that have them that don't mind them. I don't like the heat, but what's 'notorious' about them?
I'd like to know also.

gwaylow

ERGH!
HSC
narr dell uses old shabby hardware..
even if u buy one new it will cost ya 3k...(way above ur set limit)...

they usally use the "all in 1" mother boards...
onli thing dell is gud @ is the warranty...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Most, if not all laptops use "all in one" motherboards...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)