Bull, What do you guys think and want? (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
The Bull needs to be funnier.
It needs to have letters to the editor (unless they're still there and I'm blind!).
The articles are sometimes too long and boring and don't get to the point. Sometimes, I read the first couple of paragraphs of an article and I still don't know what's going on, so I stop reading it.

It's ok, but I think the Bull last year was better than it is this year.

Ruchir

HSC
tres bien said:
The Bull needs to be funnier.
It needs to have letters to the editor (unless they're still there and I'm blind!).
The articles are sometimes too long and boring and don't get to the point. Sometimes, I read the first couple of paragraphs of an article and I still don't know what's going on, so I stop reading it.

It's ok, but I think the Bull last year was better than it is this year.
Letters are still there :) (Behind the cover).

With the article paragraphs you mentioned, we usually try and point out two-three main lines of the article in the center so that you know what the article is about. With funnier, I will see if there is something I can work on to make it better. Though I know we usually address a lot of serious issues and forget quite a lot of times about the funny element.

By the way, I had to unfortunately resign today. But I shall still pass on the comments to the other editors :)

Cheers,
Ruchir

adgala

HSC
i read the bull for the event pages. i can't really remember anything other than that though...

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Ruchir said:
Letters are still there :) (Behind the cover).

With the article paragraphs you mentioned, we usually try and point out two-three main lines of the article in the center so that you know what the article is about. With funnier, I will see if there is something I can work on to make it better. Though I know we usually address a lot of serious issues and forget quite a lot of times about the funny element.

By the way, I had to unfortunately resign today. But I shall still pass on the comments to the other editors :)

Cheers,
Ruchir
awww, sucks to hear that you resigned.
Can you pass on this message:
Make it funnier, but no tasteless/bad humour. Honi Soit had stuff like "point where Richard Carleton carked it" in a stupid diagram related to the Beaconsfield mining incident, as well as an article about how JonBenet Ramsay would be as a 16 year old (during the time that that guy claimed he killed her)... the articles were not funny and they were "offensive". I stopped reading Honi.

amazerxl

HSC
Yeah, I agree. Funny and Games. Wonder what happened to those sudokus from last year.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
tres bien said:
Make it funnier, but no tasteless/bad humour. Honi Soit had stuff like "point where Richard Carleton carked it" in a stupid diagram related to the Beaconsfield mining incident, as well as an article about how JonBenet Ramsay would be as a 16 year old (during the time that that guy claimed he killed her)... the articles were not funny and they were "offensive". I stopped reading Honi.
I'm guessing that the Carlton thing was a parody of the way in which 60 Minutes operates. Surely he expects the same undignified treatment in death as he afforded many in life with his outstanding media program? No.

Ruchir

HSC
tres bien said:
Will do :)

And amazerxl, Sudokus will be back soon. Probably the next or the edition after next!

Cheers,
Ruchir

DrunkFly

HSC
I second, third, fourth, whatever, the calls the multiculturalism issue was a load of crap. If interracial relationships on campus are no big deal then why devote two pages to the topic.

Find whoever wrote the article on 'How to hook up at your new campus' that was in the previous issue or the one before and get them to write the whole thing in future. That article was comic genius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)