• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bullsh!t your Resume (1 Viewer)

GetEmBuck

HSC
N/A
i totally bullshitted my references...i copied the guys from fat pizza and it really worked ROFL!

beentherdunthat

HSC
GetEmBuck said:
i totally bullshitted my references...i copied the guys from fat pizza and it really worked ROFL!
LMAO are you serious?!??!? LOL, i NEED a resume. You know, I already have a job but I didn't even give them a resume lol (BigW). They do require one now, and believe me they check your preferences!!! I guess I wouldn't make up the actually job, I'd probably just extend the period. The best thing though, is if you're relative or parents owns a business, you don't even need to make anything up!! Suddenly, you're so experienced they CAN'T let you go. loll

G

Gavvvvvin

But anyway, Woolworths didnt check my refernces.

Coles make it seem like they check them, but they don't really. They demanded that I give them some, so I just totally made up some non existant people and I made it through.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I am not saying it's okay to lie on your resume, but sometimes it you have never worked before etc, it's hard to get a foot in the door.
i haven't had ajob before, didn't b.s in my resume and somehow got a job at woolies. haha, go figure,

Dan7

HSC
That's good. I really believe an honest resume is the best way to go. There are plenty of entry level jobs around (ie. Woolworths, Coles) and if you don't like those you could always use them to give yourself a boost and find a different career path in the future. I wouldn't risk lying on my resume, not only because of the risk of getting caught but also because I think it's wrong. Of course you should try and make yourself sound as best as you can on there though without lying.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Just make sure you can back everything up, have references that will vouch for you if they do ring up, and make sure if you have said you can do things, you really could do them if you were employed. if youve said you can do something really well and they find out you havent got a clue when they hire you,, well thats not good. That being said, you do need to sell yourself and I think EVERYONE exagerates on resumes. I once said I had experience training new staff when all I did was show them where to put their bag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)