Bunnies to Telstra (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Are there any South Sydney fans upset about the move to Telstra stadium??

I think it would be a great boost to the club's finances allowing them to go but more quality players. The bunnies need to move on and get a few more wins.

I know there's loyalty issues, so what do you think?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Loyal supporters will travel there i guess. It's a good move, but they need results. Getting all this extra cash from the move aint gonna lure players if they dont crack the top 8 in the next couple of years.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
So you've got the Dogs and Souths at Telstra. Any other sides?

The bunnies should go back to Redfern, they'll be lucky to have 8000 turn up @ Telstra.

HSC
Tigers playing there 4 big games there.

Talk also of Saints taking some home games there but I believe it had more to do with negotiations with the Wollongong Sportsground Trust than actually looking to play games there.

Souths are moving from the best stadium for football to the worst. Not sure if I agree but they gotta make money somehow and Telstra are guaranteeing it.

Will be terrible atmosphere at their games though.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Parramatta also play there as well.

Redfern needs to be fixed first, so they money they get out of this venture could be possibly used for rebuilding Redfern. Bunnies fans will follow, don't worry about that.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Im sure the Souths fans would like to see them win any where they play......................but I agree with you, the bunnies are in for a long season..........

T

timbk2

they isnt exactly gonna get a good atmosphere there.. even with 33 thousand at a doggies/dragons game, it seems pretty empty. Its good for the rabbits, but i dont think its good for league in general.

HSC
Silliest move, only based on money.

How many fans will pack into Telstra Stadium to watch the Rabbits week in and week out? 10 000? 15 000 max? Do the math, 82 000 - 15 000 = 67 00 empty seets. Even if they were involved in a double header every weekend there would still be half the stadium empty. When the Dogs played the opening game they got 34 or 35 000 - this was a record for a non-finals match but even then the stadium was barely full.

I went to one or two of the games last season at the SFS/Aussie Stadium and I liked the atmosphere. They still had the same number of fans there but it was a good environment.

Maybe they should go play at Redfern Oval or maybe the Showground like Canterbury does?

Edit: timbk2 was spot on! :D

Last edited:

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
As soon as Souths start to win games this season, watch all the fans come out in numbers. Souths have one of the largest fan bases, so it's likely they'll all turn up when their team is winning. There's still 27 rounds left so don't ride them out yet.

They can't really play at Redfern because the facilities aren't up to scratch. I went there last year to watch my bro play for souths juniors, and the toilets didn't even have doors in a few cubicles. basically, Redfern lacks the equipment necessary.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
duckofdoom said:
As soon as Souths start to win games this season, watch all the fans come out in numbers.
Souths, win games, ahahahahah

P

pafc_05bak2bak

Souths can barely get numbers to there games at Aussie Stadium, many NRL clubs have tried and failed at moving to bigger venues, just another nail in the coffin for Souths and the NRL

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Souths won yeasterday, what a thrashing. Now just watch all those guys come to the games!! Why is everyone so quick to criticise souths development?

HSC
GO THE BUNNIES. We smashed the eels, all u eels supporters, ur team suxs u spend millions on ur players each yr and have a sucky coach and u cant win, u got smahed by us and by cronulla 2nite.

Souths can be competitive and we will!! We have the best supporters, in the burrow and the whole crowd. We stand we cheer!!! At the roosters game the chook pen, was nuttin compared to us souths supporters, roosters relied on us to bring them the money in.

We'll battling on, but we got a strong group of kids, a great coach and a great management!!! go the bunnnniiiessss!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)