• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

burning dvd isoz (1 Viewer)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
I downloaded a "game" dvd iso.

I've tried burning it but using clonedvd2/alcohol 120% and nero won't let me burn. but the first two do.

its a dvd+r. is tehre anytyhing prior that i need to do to burn it or what? I've burnt it, but no cd-drive reads the disc. even the drive that burnt it originnaly

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
for those who want to backup there dvd iso's for the games they've PAID FOR heres how ya do it. you need to go to nero, choose dvd compilation and scroll down til you see

DVD-ROM (UDF)

udf is a different file system that can handle files larger than 2gb.

you may also want to google and get a UDF "driver" or software that makes your computer able to read udf filesystems. good luck.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What he said is wrong.

Illegal downloads are bad, mmkay.

*cough* burn image *cough*

Krang, he is asking about an image, your method would be useless as it still wouldnt create a workable dvd, rather a dvd with an image on it.

HSC
For future reference Krangelus, Australian law does not allow owners to create backups of material they purchase, as what you buy is the rights to use the material in the approved ways, not the right to own it and do with it whatever you want (As has previously been the case with non-digital media).

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Australian law does not allow owners to create backups of material they purchase, as what you buy is the rights to use the material in the approved ways, not the right to own it and do with it whatever you want (As has previously been the case with non-digital media).
Are you serious? I'm doing SDD and I believed I've read that the aussie law allow 1 copy for backup purposes only. It didn't state whether it should be on CDs/DVDs (removable media) so i guess having an image file for backup is fine.

HSC
AntiHyper said:
Are you serious? I'm doing SDD and I believed I've read that the aussie law allow 1 copy for backup purposes only. It didn't state whether it should be on CDs/DVDs (removable media) so i guess having an image file for backup is fine.
Yes, I'm serious.

"There is no right under in Australian copyright law to copy videos or DVDs for “personal use” or to change from one format (such as video) to another (such as DVD)."
(From http://www.copyright.org.au/pdf/acc/InfoSheets/G026.pdf )

Also

"Australians do not have the right to make back-up copies of CDs or DVDs they own, making it illegal to copy legally purchased CDs to portable music players such as Apple's iPod. Even recording television broadcasts using a VCR is questionable under Australia's murky copyright laws."
(From http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/09/15/1095221649806.html?oneclick=true )

While those articles tend to be focused on music and video media it's the same with video games, though off-hand I can't find anything (short of my Uni textbooks from last year), which confirms this. If you're still not convinced you can do some googling ;) Information accurate as of last year, and I doubt there has been (positive) progression since then.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i have backed up iso's onto dvd using udf and they work fine AsyLum, u just mount the iso using daemon tools.

seriously ogmzergrush? thats just messed up.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Krangelus said:
i have backed up iso's onto dvd using udf and they work fine AsyLum, u just mount the iso using daemon tools.

seriously ogmzergrush? thats just messed up.
Thats exactly what i mean -___-"

You are saying for him to just burn the damn thing as a computer format, rather than the image structure of the image itself.

there is no point burning it in UDF, you might as well burn it as an ISO under nero and drag the filename.iso into the burning thing.

What he is asking for is how to burn an image as a CD.

In nero 6: Cancel the wizard > Recorder > Burn Image (select image and go through the motions)

From what i can read, it works that way in alcohol and clone2dvd just he doesnt know how to do it in nero.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
thats true. Thats also a good reminder for those doing the hsc. Always read the question!

equiski

HSC
OKay here is how you do it. You go to the "store" and you "download" the warez for "money". A word to the wise, not every "store" has downloadable "warez": you have to find the right one! This advanced method means the "developer" gets "money" for his hard work. Amazing what we can do today, eh? We have the technology!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
clone cd
all said lol it works on dvds too
clone dvd is more for cloning dvd movies but clone cd would work

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
i've tried using clonedvd for the image burning but i burn it.. comes up as a blank disc.

the disc is unreadable in the original drive and other drives.. i.e. it says there's nothing on it when the thing has been burning for 20mins?!

also tried nero and alcohol.. all the same results :S

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"where" did you download this thing from? It sounds fishy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)