Burnouts (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Bro, idk why but I feel completely worn out
should I take the day break and not study?
And how do I prevent this in future

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
yes - it's just one day. one day of just avoiding study does wonders when you end up going back on the grind a day later
just don't fall into the trap of having more and more days of having breaks until they accumulate and become consecutive

raspberriesandpears

HSC
yeah i totally agree with masaken. i suffered from severe burnout in year 8 and 9 and most of that was because i didn't give myself the rest i needed. to prevent it in the future - obviously allow yourself breaks but also setting little goals for myself worked wonders - today my goal is to finish annotating the tempest, which isn't necessarily a big ask but still work i need to get done

moonsuyoung

HSC
It's cause you go to Dr Du:spzz: (JOKES LOL).

Allow yourself to have a break and besides, it's the holidays as well! Rest for the day and tomorrow, make sure to take frequent breaks so you do not get burnt out again!

edwxnsamuel

HSC
As a recent grad, I completely resonate with the feeling of burn-out, especially in senior years. I found that, personally, I needed to realise where my limits were and try not to overly exceed them, because the mental struggle with making your way out of burnout is so much worse. After trials, I was severely burned out, and honestly, I was lucky enough to be able to bounce back quick enough before HSC but you can imagine after HSC it was even worse. It's been like 3 months since HSC and I'm finally back into productivity after giving myself a long-deserved break from that HSC grind and burnout LMAO.

Another cool tip that I could suggest is, I found that there was no point in studying till the very, very last second of an exam. It reaches a point where you know your exam techniques and content well enough before the exam, so, the day before the exam you should try to just rest yourself and prepare mentally. The mental game of exam prep is something that isn't talked about enough so you should also allocate a bit of your pre-exam prep to hyping yourself up and making yourself mentally fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)