Bus from Parra station to Macquarie (1 Viewer)

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Hey guys.

I was just wondering what bus I need to catch to get to macquarie from Parramatta station?

One guy I know (he's a dope) only knows that it's a blue bus. I can't trust that information enough.

Thanks heaps.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
545 or the 550 (only comesa round peak times)

lol sam abdow

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yeah its certainly the 545 from parra. just talking about it brings back so many memories ... the ppl, the sights, the smells .... i hope you prepare yourself

and if you're catching it from parra to uni (like ive done for the last 2 years), it takes about an hour and a bit on average, sometimes like cyan said an hour thirty, and it gets pretty packed come Eastwood station

Last edited:

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
So, would anyone know from experience if the 545 around 12:45ish/1ish would take longer than an hour to arrive at macq. university.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you end up having to catch it around 6, I suggest you catch it at MQ centre, it'll at least guarantee you a spot, if you catch it from uni, good luck trying to get on. The shit thing is that most of them get off at Eastwood.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog89 said:
So, would anyone know from experience if the 545 around 12:45ish/1ish would take longer than an hour to arrive at macq. university.
Best time I've seen it go is 40 minutes, with barely any passengers, usually around an hour, sometimes an hour thirty

CieL

HSC
How scary... I used to catch the 545 from Dundas toooooo... =S [near park rd]

The BEST TIME i've had was from an insane bus driver... he took 15mins... but that was in non-peak-hour...

But on average, expect 40mins from dundas - MQ, if you catch the 545... plus 10mins if you're from parra stn... the 550 is better if you can find one, cos it doesn't go into the little roads around Bi-Lo area.. which is a bitch cos there's all these community housing areas with little old men and ladies taking 10yrs to get on the bus.. and sometimes you get the drunks carrying a bottle in a paper bag getting on the bus too..

Oh and btw, the 545 and 550 are blue and white... and look like this.. without the joining section..:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
The 545 is very frequent, so you wont have any problems there.
no thats not true!
well... depending on how lucky u are i reckon.
there have been a few times where i've sat there waiting for like an hour and there are no 545 buses ... then 3 come at the same time.

vanessal

HSC
oh i HATE public transport with passion. ahaha =) i know, im a little of topic.

CieL

HSC
pb said:
no thats not true!
well... depending on how lucky u are i reckon.
there have been a few times where i've sat there waiting for like an hour and there are no 545 buses ... then 3 come at the same time.
Very true..

I was once on a 545.. and there was another 545 directly in front.. and the buses were almost playing tag..

Once the other 545 stopped, we'd take the next stop, then they'll pass us and take the next stop, and it'll keep going on..

Meaning that by the end of the trip, both buses were at the station at the same time.. stupid..

But I have to admit that the buses have become a tad more reliable.. A few months ago I took the 545 from home to MQ.. and it arrived EARLY to pick me up *shock horror* and then got to MQ at exactly 11:14 on the dot..

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Once the other 545 stopped, we'd take the next stop, then they'll pass us and take the next stop, and it'll keep going on..

Meaning that by the end of the trip, both buses were at the station at the same time.. stupid..
Hmm, well it's better than one bus waiting at a stop so the other bus can get ahead... that'll just shit off the passengers. And there isn't a need to do that (like with trains).

The 545 seems to always be ridiculously packed between Uni and East-woo station. I'm not sure why Sydney Buses don't employ an Eastwood station to uni route, like the 296 for Epping to Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)