Bus stop at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hi everyone,

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what kind of bus [as in Bus numbers] that stop near the Gate 8 entrance to unsw, it's close to Wansey Road...

At the start I was thinking that it was just another stop for 891 [since it'd be cool especially if I had a class near gate 9], but then it wasn't when I checked 131500.com

Thanks in advance!! I'll probably check it out during o-week if I have the time as well..

elfm

HSC
If you're talking about that bus stop near the biomed/medicine buildings, I believe they go to Burwood, Eastgardens, Central and possibly others. It has a central express service (the one on anzac prd and the one on high street have seperate central express bus streams), but I don't think they run outside of normal uni hours.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
For the Bus Stops to Central (or in general) on Anzac Parade, are students suppose to line up orderly for the (or while waiting for) buses? Because last time I took the bus there was a line of people at one stop waiting for the Central bus but the bus stopped infront of me and the line walked over.

Botany Street are for the buses outside of the Biomed/Medical/AGSM buildings, do buses from Central go there? It would save me a lot of time having to walk from the front.

elfm

HSC
bscienceboi said:
For the Bus Stops to Central (or in general) on Anzac Parade, are students suppose to line up orderly for the (or while waiting for) buses? Because last time I took the bus there was a line of people at one stop waiting for the Central bus but the bus stopped infront of me and the line walked over.

Botany Street are for the buses outside of the Biomed/Medical/AGSM buildings, do buses from Central go there? It would save me a lot of time having to walk from the front.
yea people are supposed to line up in two lines from the bus sign but sometimes bus drivers find it funny stopping in the middle of the line.

yeah buses go to and from central from that stop. along that street there are 3 places you can get off on from a express bus originating from central. the first one goes to lower campus, the second stop goes to middle campus (library, clb, arts area) and the last one goes to medicine/biomed.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
elfm said:
yea people are supposed to line up in two lines from the bus sign but sometimes bus drivers find it funny stopping in the middle of the line.

yeah buses go to and from central from that stop. along that street there are 3 places you can get off on from a express bus originating from central. the first one goes to lower campus, the second stop goes to middle campus (library, clb, arts area) and the last one goes to medicine/biomed.
SO that one bus (express from Central Station) goes around the University campus?

Like in this map: http://notessrv.chan.unsw.edu.au/faciliti.nsf/pages/busmap?OpenDocument

elfm

HSC
bscienceboi said:
SO that one bus (express from Central Station) goes around the University campus?

Like in this map: http://notessrv.chan.unsw.edu.au/faciliti.nsf/pages/busmap?OpenDocument
no, the bus stop (1) along anzac parade are for slower buses (ie. they stop at a million stops before you get to uni) from central. anzac parade does have an express bus to central tho.

the express bus from central comes from the top left hand corner of the map and turns left into high street where it stops at 6a, 6, 8 along that street

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ah nice!!

So 891 express stops outside gate 2 [Stop 6] then, 6a , then 8. Ah saves me alot of time walking from like gate 2...I always thought that the unsw express would somehow head back to central after that stop 6.

Though...out of curiousity...do any of those stops 6,6a, and 8 head back to central station around like 4 or 5 pm? Or are they purely stops for dropping students at unsw. Since like most of my final classes are concentrated in the bios/med...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I just found this out on that good ol 131500.com site. For those of you (like me) who have to take the big ugly long green train line into the city, if the train stops at Green Square (which most do), you can get off there, and catch a bus from Green Square to High Street/Anzac Parade, which could shave up to 10 minutes off your trip if you had have caught the bus from Eddy Avenue. The busses don't run as frequently though (hence it may not work out quicker), and if you're coming from the upper green line, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

elfm

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Ah nice!!

So 891 express stops outside gate 2 [Stop 6] then, 6a , then 8. Ah saves me alot of time walking from like gate 2...I always thought that the unsw express would somehow head back to central after that stop 6.

Though...out of curiousity...do any of those stops 6,6a, and 8 head back to central station around like 4 or 5 pm? Or are they purely stops for dropping students at unsw. Since like most of my final classes are concentrated in the bios/med...
There's a bus stop right near biomed/medicine that has a central express service, which runs pretty much only during uni hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)