Business and Eco (1 Viewer)

McSmoodie

HSC
I am in year 10 and thus need to pick subjects for next year. Is it wise to do both business and economics next year, or should I just stick to one? Thanks.

ahri

HSC
Not a bad decision, it's really up to your personal interest. There is no right or wrong when it comes to choosing subjects, as long as you are interested, that's all that really matters! Personally, I know a lot of people who did both business and eco, they didn't have any problems with doing both.

c8

HSC
I don't do either subject, but I'm fairly sure they have quite different content (maybe some overlap) so I suggest looking at the syllabus and asking teachers or friends about their experience with the subject and a bit about the content to help you make a decision. I think there is a general consensus that business is slightly easier than economics, but again, I don't do the subject so this is just based on what I've heard from friends.
Hope this helps!

anthony___

HSC
Both are mind-numbingly boring.
I would have to disagree.

Economics is not a boring subject to study (although some teachers may make it so).

I do however whole-heartedly agree with your stance on Business Studies. If you're good at memorising a load of (boring) content and regurgitating it in an exam – business is for you.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective. If I could offer some advice: choose what you're good at, and – more importantly – what you'll enjoy.

AKONS

HSC
G'day McSmoodie!

I'm currently doing preliminary economics while doing HSC (accelerated) business studies.

Which is the:

Easiest: business studies
Most interesting: economics

The content can overlap. In my experience it can give you an edge in business on some concepts like economies of scale however this does not mean you will automatically get extra marks. If I were to choose one between them personally I'd choose economics.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
If you have lazy or bad teachers at your school, I'd recommend picking Economics since the syllabus hasn't changed since 2009.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)