Business Cadetships! (1 Viewer)

lifesucks

Nerd And Proud of It
HSC
hi karen! lol, fancy seeing you here on the forums

the cadetship is getting annoying now... so many options have been ruled out. and other options are made worse (6 YEARS FOR PART TIME?!)

before i got it, i actually had a clear direction of my uni and career path. now, i probably have to settle for plan B.

Bcom at Usyd or unsw? tough choice isnt it. just curious, which major, La Divina?

oh and which round of group interviews did you go to? i wonder if i've already met you.

(in case you still havent guessed who this is yet, karen, my dream job is to be an actuary)

Last edited:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
lifesucks said:

the cadetship is getting annoying now... so many options have been ruled out. and other options are made worse (6 YEARS FOR PART TIME?!)

before i got it, i actually had a clear direction of my uni and career path. now, i probably have to settle for plan B.

Bcom at Usyd or unsw? tough choice isnt it. just curious, which major, La Divina?

oh and which round of group interviews did you go to? i wonder if i've already met you.

(in case you still havent guessed who this is yet, karen, my dream job is to be an actuary)
I wanna major in accounting and finance. Im planning to work 2.5 days a week so i can hopefully do uni full time, which means ill only have to do 3 years. I went on monday in the morning session. Which division did you apply for?

lifesucks

Nerd And Proud of It
HSC
La Divina said:
I wanna major in accounting and finance. Im planning to work 2.5 days a week so i can hopefully do uni full time, which means ill only have to do 3 years. I went on monday in the morning session. Which division did you apply for?
hm, full time is allowed? i recall somewhere that they said part time is the only option? how sure are you? id love to do a full time course myself.

i ended up in the same division as IceOnFire, performance and analytics.

oh, and monday morning? that means i havent met you, yet.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
lifesucks said:
hm, full time is allowed? i recall somewhere that they said part time is the only option? how sure are you? id love to do a full time course myself.

i ended up in the same division as IceOnFire, performance and analytics.

oh, and monday morning? that means i havent met you, yet.
Well i dont know, thats what it said on my provisional contract, "must work a minimum of 20 hours" and i phoned up the HR woman to confirm and she said that its possible to work part time and study full time.

Did you ask for performance and analytics? or did they choose for you? How many people from your school got an offer for business cadetship?

IceOnFire

HSC
lifesucks said:

Omg you are on here... ><

La Divina said:
Well i dont know, thats what it said on my provisional contract, "must work a minimum of 20 hours" and i phoned up the HR woman to confirm and she said that its possible to work part time and study full time.

Did you ask for performance and analytics? or did they choose for you? How many people from your school got an offer for business cadetship?
3 people got into the program so far, and another is still being considered (He's got another interview).

It will be so great if full time study is possible, it will eliminate all the hassles of choosing a part time course. However I wonder if there are night time courses for full time, since you can only work at BNP at day time.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
They are STILL interviewing??? wow
did it say the same thing on your contract, that you had to work a min of 20 hours?
three people and a possible 4th? thats a lot! we had 2 from our school.
do you know of anyone who got into the other companies?

IceOnFire

HSC
Yeah I think all contracts said a minimum of 20 hours.

One of my frds recently had her interview with QBE, and two other were offered interviews for UBS, but got cut in the last minute due their marks.

Noone got into Zurich in my school.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Wow ubs is very selective, i wonder if they took anyone at all. Even though they claim we can do any course we like, they pretty much chose people who are planning to do commerce anway. tsk.

dan_ster

HSC
good work you guys!
a few ppl from my school, me included, got offered a 2nd round interview for ubs but was subsequently cut in a further "culling process" =/

emkayanc

HSC
N/A
my friend got into UBS.

basically they took 4. 2 in finance and 2 in IT.

she has no idea where the other 3 are from tho.

khatib

No 1 livo fc fan
HSC
heyys was it hard to get through all the selection process, cos im hopeing on going through a cadetship this year, yep HSC 08, i want to become an economist so its these companies im looking, anyone goin for economics dat made????,

sarah- livo fc fanatic

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Hehe what a coinicidence, today was my first day at work for biz cadetship and this thread was revived :p

The selection process was really long, but I didn't find it hard. Just be yourself and show enthusiasm. However, it will be more competitive for future years because they consider candidates across all schools, whereas it was only across 30 schools for my year.

I work at a company that accepts those who do B Eco, I am not sure about the others though.

Good luck!

LiZZiE123

HSC
hey you guys, i was wondering if i could get some help on how to successfully apply for a cadetship at kpmg, since you all got through, would you be able to give me some tips on how to apply and not get rejected? not so much for me, but my younger sister wants to apply and i would hate for her to be upset. she's really smart but she just doesn't know the way in which to answer the questions, so that she can get through. are positions of responsability really important? working in a team? is that what she needs to write in order to be sucessful? PLEASE HELP!!!

jordankuai22

HSC
LiZZiE123 said:
hey you guys, i was wondering if i could get some help on how to successfully apply for a cadetship at kpmg, since you all got through, would you be able to give me some tips on how to apply and not get rejected? not so much for me, but my younger sister wants to apply and i would hate for her to be upset. she's really smart but she just doesn't know the way in which to answer the questions, so that she can get through. are positions of responsability really important? working in a team? is that what she needs to write in order to be sucessful? PLEASE HELP!!!

srsly. stop bumping these OLDDDDDDD threads!

cadetship applications have closed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)