• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Business Finance (1 Viewer)

rific

HSC
twisted_emily said:
no thread is safe from the wrath of emily
Perhaps "no intelligent conversation" would be more accurate?

... I'm not saying you're a blackhole of intelligence or wit or anything.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
rific said:
Perhaps "no intelligent conversation" would be more accurate?

... I'm not saying you're a blackhole of intelligence or wit or anything.
oh sure youre not!

pfft

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
By the way, how did you come to the conclusion that I must be rich, to drop the subject after the financial cut off period. As i Dont have to pay the cash now, its a future liabilitity. Also the repayment amount and timing of these's repayments, depends on your income in the future.
Well I would never waste that much money, and I am sure most other people wouldn't:).

baker182 said:
I dont want to sound like a dickhead, just trying to a create a healthy debate :p . Also it was within the last week, I considered I could'nt achieve a high grade, while doing 5 subjects. I dont just want to pass, I want to achieve decent marks
Hmm, well I would either except the low grades or just force myself to do the work. That is just me though:).

baker182 said:
Lectures 1-6
Lecture six was done in week six wasn't it? So that means the material done in the last lecture will not be examined:)?

baker182

HSC
Yes, please refer to Blackboard to make sure, as I dont want the blame for telling you the wrong information.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I just checked Blackboard and the announcement only says "Topics covered: Lectures 1-6", while our lecture notes are labelled by the week number, not the lecture number. I will take you word for it that last weeks lecture was number seven but if you are wrong you better start watching your back:D.

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
Well I just checked Blackboard and the announcement only says "Topics covered: Lectures 1-6", while our lecture notes are labelled by the week number, not the lecture number. I will take you word for it that last weeks lecture was number seven but if you are wrong you better start watching your back:D.
Lecture was in the first week, hence the following:

week 1 = lecture 1 (Feb 21)
week 2 = lecture 2 (Feb 28)
week 3 = lecture 3 (Mar 7)
week 4 = lecture 4 (Mar 14)
week 5 = lecture 5 (Mar 21)
week 6 = lecture 6 (Mar 30)
week 7 = lecture 7 (Apr 4)

With April 4 week being this week gone, the material covered in this week lecture will NOT be in the test. Please note that the tuorial work covered, in this week workshop, WILL BE IN THE QUIZ.

By the way, do you know who i'am :D. I think i saw you in the workshop, on Wednesday :uhhuh:

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
Lecture was in the first week, hence the following:

week 1 = lecture 1 (Feb 21)
week 2 = lecture 2 (Feb 28)
week 3 = lecture 3 (Mar 7)
week 4 = lecture 4 (Mar 14)
week 5 = lecture 5 (Mar 21)
week 6 = lecture 6 (Mar 30)
week 7 = lecture 7 (Apr 4)

With April 4 week being this week gone, the material covered in this week lecture will NOT be in the test. Please note that the tuorial work covered, in this week workshop, WILL BE IN THE QUIZ.
Did I miss this part of the announcement, or did you just write it? I couldn't remember if we had a lecture in the first week or not:).

baker182 said:
By the way, do you know who i'am :D. I think i saw you in the workshop, on Wednesday :uhhuh:
I have no idea who you are. What makes you think you now who I am? Hmm, what was I wearing? I have got to try and remember what I was wearing myself:p.

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
Did I miss this part of the announcement, or did you just write it? I couldn't remember if we had a lecture in the first week or not:).

I just wrote it out

I have no idea who you are. What makes you think you now who I am? Hmm, what was I wearing? I have got to try and remember what I was wearing myself:p.
Well your mate asked the question about the quiz, so I guessing your the guy next to him :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
Well your mate asked the question about the quiz, so I guessing your the guy next to him :p
I was two down from him by memory;). I don't think you know who I am. What was I wearing:)?

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
I was two down from him by memory;). I don't think you know who I am. What was I wearing:)?
Nah, you got the guy i was thinking of. I think the guy had a blue t-shirt. I was'nt really looking, I had my eye on a few ladies in the class, some of them are hot as!!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
Nah, you got the guy i was thinking of. I think the guy had a blue t-shirt.
Well that definitely wasn't me then. I don't even own a blue t-shirt:p!

baker182 said:
I was'nt really looking, I had my eye on a few ladies in the class, some of them are hot as!!!!
;)

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Well I would never waste that much money, and I am sure most other people wouldn't:).
I dropped a subject after the HECS census date last year cos i realised that i hated the subject (electronic surveying), hated the degree that it was part of (surveying), missed a 10% assessment. :p

I rationalised that i wasn't really wasting $600 by dropping a subject, rather making $2400 from the $1500 a year scholarship that i got for my surveying degree when i started :D

Last edited:

baker182

HSC
Does anyone understand how to get the answer for the workshop question in tutorial week 4.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Started studying already, eh:p? I am so far behind on all my subjects but I can't be bothered to do anything yet. Anyway, yeah, I know how to do it. Is there any part in particular you don't understand because I would rather avoid having to type the whole thing out because it is a pretty massive question:).

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
Started studying already, eh:p? I am so far behind on all my subjects but I can't be bothered to do anything yet. Anyway, yeah, I know how to do it. Is there any part in particular you don't understand because I would rather avoid having to type the whole thing out because it is a pretty massive question:).
Yeah, sorry about that. I understand most of it, I just cant' understand a few of the numbers he got.

Firstly in the first cash flow (-24+11-18)/0.12, where did the 11 come from?

Also in the last cash flow 185/1.12^5. I know the selling of the factory/mechinery is $160m, plus the scrap value ($10m). So there is $15m also to include, where does this figure come from?

I hope you can help me, cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)