Business Studies = Crap!! (1 Viewer)

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
is there anyone else who feels business studies is such a dry and boring subject? I thought it would be interesting and that, but is the only subject where i could easily fall alseep!

Ad Eng, Ex Eng, 3U Maths, Ancient n Modern History, Business

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Some of my friends say its okay, but they say it can get very tedious sometimes. Is it because of the teacher or the content that you're falling asleep on?

Artemis.

HSC
All my friends that do it don't like it, they say it almost puts them to sleep. But the teacher they have might contribute to that I think.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Hi
Yes i am doing business studies and at first i found it a bit boring to start off with, i generally think it is to do with the content that we are currently studying and sometimes our teacher can be quite annoying!

James747

HSC
Agreed. Dropped it as soon as I could. Doing Japanese now... so much more interesting!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I find business a bit dull, and most of the stuff is obvious. And I disagree with some of the context of the textbook, its so lame how the text books think if businesses run in a certain way, it cant fail.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
My economics teacher says that the business studies syllabus is very long and a tad boring - especially for the time that it is crammed into. Maybe try economics or a subject you think you will like better?

Also, I think a lot of subjects are dry in the beginning of the preliminary course, especially if you are doing revision in legal or eco from commerce (i myself am being bored to death by the intro to those subjects, but there are people who haven't done commerce in my classes and i suppose its good to reinforce main ideas).

James747

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
yay someone doing jap!! beginners or continuers?

and yeah business is pretty crap.
but it does get slightly better later on. slightly.
just wait til you guys start accounting and finance. bahahahahahaha...
Beginners, through Open High. How bout u?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I actually quite like Business.

I guess it's because it's pretty straight forward and I can do well in it, plus it's interesting to me. Don't know why considering how many people find it boring, but it just is.

Can get a bit repetitive sometimes, but that also makes you remember it more, so it's not too bad.

redom

HSC
Business isnt the most intersting subject, but it isnt tht bad. The workload is much easier then some of the sciences although it is probably more bland. I think its an easy subject to get decent marks with little effort. Half the work is like common sense, and you can probably pass the hsc reading the syllabus.

cs01001

HSC
Glad I changed Business to Modern, so much more interesting!

Yeah, while I was doing Business, I had to copy out all these notes about Business operating stages, growth phase etc...so boring...

orly?

HSC
i got an ok b studies teacher
hes ok and not really boring

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I like Business. I don't really find it that "boring" because I have an actual interest in what we're learning, but everybody's different, I guess. I like that the work is easy to understand, and that I can bludge and still comprehend everything easily. I mean, we basically watch "The Apprentice", discuss the episode and shit, and then quickly learn about the definition of "stakeholders" for the last fifteen, twenty minutes. So maybe because my teacher doesn't stretch the information out, I'm more interested in it.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
yeah i got that business plan assignment which is due in august!
Its such a huge assignment! unbelievable seriously

cs01001

HSC
Yup, my friends who are doing Business is complaining about it, lol, its something about interviewing a manager of a small business etc, Right?

Black Hawker

HSC
Yeah, I'm stuffed for that. The preliminary stage is due on Friday, and I still haven't found a business that's willing to help me yet!

cl3nta

HSC
Business studies.. I love business. I have quite a bad teacher, the syllabus is horrible. But i've been coming first for a couple of years consecutively - what more can I ask for lol. But yeh, I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't partially interested in business as a career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)