Business Studies Half-yearlies Help (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i guess this can be a thread where last min questions can be asked as most of us have our half-yearlies this week. anyways i'll start, i'm doing qantas for my case study and im just wondering if someone can please explain these things to me (these are in relation to change and management):

external influences:

the qantas sales act 1992 restricted its foreign investment to 49% - a limit that restricts the compan'y access to global equility capital and therefore increases it cost of capital. i don't get why it does and how it effects qantas..

internal influences:

e-commerce, new systems:

qantas now deploys sabre airflite suite systems to run all qantas' long haul schedule planning. what does that mean? >_<

structural influence:

outsourcing:
qantas low cost carrier Jetstar has outsourced its entire call centre operations to Melb. operator sales force. [how does that help qantas besides making it cheaper? ]

as qantas has outsourced its entire IT operations, how does it benefit from it??

also for change and mangement:
i am really confused about political theorys. is it possible you can explain to me what it is and its adv/disadv?

thanks a lot.

riot_girl88

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i guess this can be a thread where last min questions can be asked as most of us have our half-yearlies this week. anyways i'll start, i'm doing qantas for my case study and im just wondering if someone can please explain these things to me (these are in relation to change and management):

external influences:

the qantas sales act 1992 restricted its foreign investment to 49% - a limit that restricts the compan'y access to global equility capital and therefore increases it cost of capital. i don't get why it does and how it effects qantas..

internal influences:

e-commerce, new systems:

qantas now deploys sabre airflite suite systems to run all qantas' long haul schedule planning. what does that mean? >_<

structural influence:

outsourcing:
qantas low cost carrier Jetstar has outsourced its entire call centre operations to Melb. operator sales force. [how does that help qantas besides making it cheaper? ]

as qantas has outsourced its entire IT operations, how does it benefit from it??

also for change and mangement:
i am really confused about political theorys. is it possible you can explain to me what it is and its adv/disadv?

thanks a lot.
hey i'm also doing Qantas but my teachers really lazy and hasn't even told us what to learn and whats important. im stressing coz u say that ur confused. i dont even know whats important, so i can't do it by myself.

i'll try and explain political theory: its basically concerned with power. the methods that managers use to obtain power, and how power enables managers to form powerful coallitions. however it has flaws: it offers little practical advise to managers on how to manage other than to be aware of politics and the second is that it does not revel whether the influence of politics has a positive or negative effect on the business.

sorri if it doesnt make sense. Goodluck with ur exams

slc210

HSC
hey how did your exam go? i failed mine :'( 23/50.. im dropping business asap

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i screwed up my business report- there was 3 sections and i wrote 5 pgs combined for first 2 sections
and for the part where it said critically analyse i only had enough time to write 2 pages on the strategies

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I didnt have enough time to finish my business report. You had to suggest types of finance and also reasons for resistance to change.

I left out leasing, grants, factoring, venture capital...I got the main ones in though:mad1:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
:D
aced my business test ...

20/20 for essay (about management structurse)
24/25 for short answers ^O^
16/20 for the multi choice! :)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i was very dissapointed in my results....

19/20 for multiple choice
29/40 for short answers
14/20 for business report

= 62/80

highest mark was 69/80

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Without Wings said:
congrats, that's a good result. How was the ranking?
thanks ^^
i came first. haha ^O^
i suceeded in retaining my 1st place position in business studies. lol ...

those marks aren't too bad sando. just work on ur short answers more.

my schools tests seem a bit too easy though;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)