business studies HSC (1 Viewer)

Timothy6340

HSC
hey does anyone have good notes for the operations topic in the new syslabus if anyone gets some could you please send me them thanks for all your help

thedeeb

HSC
im looking for business studies notes aswell. Pls send to me aswell. Does anyone have the chapter summaries from business studies in actions 4E hsc textbook ??? thank u

Wentworth

HSC
my advice is to drop business studies asap; there is too much content in my opinion (5 topics and a case study, that's more than any of the sciences!) - it is all about rote learning your notes and regurgitating them, all that for a very bad scaling subject (the worst of the humanities I'm told, not sure though). It's only worth it if you can get 97+, a low band six is unacceptable because it probably wouldn't count for you, band five is just wtf! Oh I should mention that this is if you want a 99+ ATAR, if you're looking at something else then go for your life I'd say. But as a backup subject for 99+ atar, it's a very poor choice.

thedeeb

HSC
well i find business studies quite easy and straightforward, I was Ranked 2nd for my preliminary course. ATAR aim is around 91.00. Economics or Engineering. With the new sylabus they have cut down the content Only 4 topics now.

roxy694

HSC
N/A
I agree with thedeeb, Business Studies is pretty straightforward and if you follow the syllabus you'll be fine. You have to also ensure you know your terminology. I suggest not to drop it! Why drop a subject you can get top marks in? :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
my advice is to drop business studies asap; there is too much content in my opinion (5 topics and a case study, that's more than any of the sciences!) - it is all about rote learning your notes and regurgitating them, all that for a very bad scaling subject (the worst of the humanities I'm told, not sure though). It's only worth it if you can get 97+, a low band six is unacceptable because it probably wouldn't count for you, band five is just wtf! Oh I should mention that this is if you want a 99+ ATAR, if you're looking at something else then go for your life I'd say. But as a backup subject for 99+ atar, it's a very poor choice.
I would agree with this in most cases, but I seem to be an exception to the rule. :) see my sig for my marks :)

in other words, go for what you are passionate about and enjoy doing... i would never have enlisted myself to do sciences because i absolutely loathe science - I have always been more of a humanities guy, into my writing and analysis, and not so much into my numbers and problem-solving. the hsc is about playing to your strengths, knowing what you're good at. it is a game, quite literally. if you're not strategic about your subject choices, you'll fall flat on your face. keep business studies if you enjoy writing and analysing - there's a lot of it if you want top marks! if you're not prepared to put in the effort (it does take a lot of effort to learn the information, to learn the case study material etc), then you most likely won't do well and it will be a negative for your ATAR!

hope this helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)