Busl320 Final Exam (1 Viewer)

scuzy

HSC
Hi all,
Seeing that our final exam is in a few days i thought i'd help resfresh what redrum had posted on 14th september... haha... i wish i had started to study that early on....

from redrum.......
BUSL320: Study Manual Questions
For those who have missed (including myself!), this may be useful in knowing what questions Hope suggested to have a look at.

Lecture 1
Objectives & Appeals - 231, 245, 253, 251
Amended Assessments - 242, 252
Self-Assessment - 236

Lecture 2
(not sure what topic) - 31, 76
Offsets - para 300 (pg xx - xxii)
Medical Expenses - 147, 148
Private Health Insurance - 151
Separate Net Income & Taxable Income - 150

Lecture 3
Tax Accounting - 1, 3, 4, 18, 35
Residence & Source - 16, 17
Cases - Henderson, Cardens, Arthur Murray, Country Magazine, Commercial Union Assurance (Tax Accounting), Applegate, Mitchim

Lecture 4
??

Lecture 5
Compensation: 2, 28, 31, 33
Cases: Myer Emporium, Whitfords

Lecture 6
??

Lecture 7
CGT - 41-48, 50-52, 55, 56, 59, 63
******************thanks Redrum*******************

As my presentation assn i did question tutorial 7 (week 8) queations 5 and 6. i've attached my answer if anyone wants referece. hope it helps!

If anyone has any hints or helpful notes please pass them along.... =)
and best of luck:wave:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Too bad those aren't even in the final exam, but the last one. :p

I haven't even started this yet. I've got 323 to worry about...But I am spending a few hours tomorrow trying to do the tutes.

From what I've heard, the final exam is similar to tute questions. So if anyone is up for a trade of tute solutions, let me know. I'll probably upload them here (they will be handwritten), but unless I'm obliged to, I won't be bothered to do em. lol (NB: I haven't even started my tutes yet. So this is a contingent deal)

Good Luck to all indeed. This is going to be my last ever exam at MQ (and what a shit one to finish up with :()

(I used a fair bit of brackets, huh?)

(PS- I've watched 7 episodes of House season 3 today...mind you I got home at 5pm. Worth every minute though!)

*hopeful*

HSC
so is it definate that lects 1-6 will not be examinable ? yeh i havent looked at it yet, im hoping sunday and monday will be enough (well too bad cause thats all i have) making the cheat sheet is gonna screw me over sideways (is that even possible) hahah redrum i used brackets too(well only 3 times now)

i shall post up my tute presentation once i find it (it was the only tute question i did all semester)

edit 4 time bracket use

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Screw this subject. I might be able to get a cheat sheet from my hektik contacts. Then mon night + tue morning should be enough to cram this subject. Spending the rest of my time on ACCG323.

I'm going to a 21st tonight, but I'll be good and be back home in a couple of hours. :eek:

ReaveR

HSC
It's from CGT onwards, whatever that is (Week 7, I think).
Wk 13 (anti avoidance) isn't going to be in the final either (or trusts), it'll be in the supplementary.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ReaveR said:
It's from CGT onwards, whatever that is (Week 7, I think).
Wk 13 isn't going to be in the final either (trusts), it'll be in the supplementary.
So trusts isn't in there either. sweet!

*hopeful*

HSC
Yep cgt is lecture 6, n yep wk13 trusts isnt either

wat kind of stuff should we put on the notes

oh crap does anyone have the list of study manual qstns for lect 6-12 bar 7 ?? plz ?

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
hey so like we know rates except one are going to be provided in the exam ? but what do they mean by rates, all formulae or i dunno :confused:

i think i might fail

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC
My guess is they wont provide formulae like FBT car, imputation etc, but will have tax rates for individuals and basic stuff

Also, does anyone know 4 sure if anti avoidance stuff is excluded. Its not mentioned at all in the exam prep stuff and theres no 'examinable' brackets in the study guide...

ReaveR

HSC
Yeah Hope said during the lecture that the anti avoidance wk13 isn't in the final, but is in the supplementary.

scuzy

HSC
hoefully you won't fail.. we'll try to work together to get as much as we can form eachother... i'm typing up my notes now...i'll try to post it up if i get it done soon (probably 3am by the looks of it)... including all the relevent sections of the act and the case law examples that correspond. i'm hoping the exam format will be the same as busl301, coz that was doable. does anyone know what the format of this exam will be...eg...will we be asked any theoretical questions "like outline the major provisions of cgt events?" or will it all be problem based "like mrs x bought a business....advise"????

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
We're gooooooooooooooooooooooone! :eek:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
its week6-last in the exam. lol my presentation was the only one i did all sem too. i soo regret that cuz of the fact that we don't get solutions.
in my cheat sheet, i basically have all the lecture slides in really small font =/

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
oh btw thanks scuzy for ur tute presentation thingy! i'd post mine but i really don't know if it's right and my presentation was done in the last 5mins so my tutor didn't really go over it that well

*hopeful*

HSC
how did u fit them all in pb ? im doing size 8 cause i cant see size 6 for shit and its like 2 pages for 1 lecture ? im still on the 1st lect and i gotta thru size 8 font and take out shit but i dunno wat i should take out omg *insert msn crying emoticon*

scuzy i'll be till 3am and half blind
on webct it reckons the questions are all practical or something along those lines so we dont really need all that theory, right guys?

edit: i did my presentation in like wk 2 or 3 so its a waste of time for u guys to even read it

ReaveR

HSC
I'd also post my presentation but I did it during the non examinable period, so bit pointless.

I'm doing my notes size 5...
It's 2 pages double sided right?
I'll post them when I'm done, if anybody can read them.

*hopeful*

HSC
size 5 ??! omg r u serz :/ can u read it properly though
maybe im jst really short sighted

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i havent printed it yet so i really hope its readable! yeh i don't think it's a whole lot of theory but i'm just doing it as i write it.i wanna do a page with like examples too... if it'll fit =/ ... and i don't think it will... and i'm fitting it bcImTypinLykdis lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)