Buy and Sell thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's not 2006 anymore :p

After looking at the stack of textbooks in my room, I came to the realisation that not only had I barely used them (if at all) during the time I studied those subjects, the likelihood of me using them again "for fun" was second to none.

All the prices below are negotiable - I have NO idea what other people are selling them for, so I'm basically just pulling numbers out of my head and going with that :p I'm extremely open to offers ;). If by chance the textbooks have changed since I did the courses, feel free to (nicely) haggle for a lower price, because they'll still be good as study tools. :D

ACCG100 (maybe also ACCG101?) - Accounting In Australia, 5th Edition, by Hoggett, Edwards and Medlin **SOLD** Now, I bought this book in pretty darn spiffy condition from an accounting student, and it looked almost brand new. During my time in ARTS105 I basically never touched it (accounting cooties, you know... :p), and it's been happily minding its own business on my bedroom floor for a year and a bit now, so it's still in 'almost brand new' condition! :D The girl I bought it off had pencilled in some notes and stuff, but they're easy to rub out. Price: $50 neg

BBA250 - Human Resource Management, fifth edition, by Raymond Stone. **SOLD** I bought this book off one of our most over-intelligent BOSers, Skittled. He left it in pristine condition, and typically, I left it in pristine condition too (more due to lack of use rather than application of tender loving care, et al). It's my belief that his total pwnage of this subject (HD, 2nd in the subject) is passed on through this textbook (which should really become some sort of holy relic) because I too pwned this subject, by passing with only a few quick flicks through the textbook. You too can share in this experience for $40! (negotiable)

CUL100 - Cultural Studies Theory and Practice, second edition by Chris Barker. **SOLD** Still in very good condition with no highlighting, underlining, overlining, toplining, bottomlining, of anything of that nature. Price: $40 neg.

MKTG101 - Principles of Marketing, edition 2, by Kotler, Adam, Brown and Armstrong. **SOLD** Some very slight signs of wear on two corners of the cover page (OMG I actually kinda used this one... disturbing I know) but otherwise still in extremely good condition, no notes written inside or anything like that. I got D's and HD's for all my hand-in assessments, so buy this book... it's great! Price: $30 (neg)

Last edited:

prusso

HSC
Re: Semester 1 2007 Buy and Sell Thread

accg105 textbook/study guide
accg105 generic skills
*old accg105 textbook
*old accg105 ants pants - will help you do surfari

accg100/101 textbook/study guide

comp115/125 textbook/lab manual

bba103 textbook

bba111 textbook/cd

bba213 textbook

isys227 textbook

Kegs

HSC

I cant help but look at the above post and see it as spam. It's killing me.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Psychology+ How To Write Psychology Reports & Essays n(2nd Ed) - Kosslyn & Findlay

Bought new , barely used, no notes or markings. Set of Textbook and guide on how to write essays and APA format. Good introductory psych text

Currently selling on co op site for $107.96 - http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/boo..._next_page_=GetSingleBook&_key_=9780923778002

Will sell for $65 PM me for details

dritz2003

HSC
N/A

ACCG201 Management-pacific Rim Focus [aust Ed]
2nd Edition 05
Unmarked, very good condition - $70

ACCG253 Business Finance
9th Edition 06
Small amount of underlining - $60

ACCG100 Accounting in Australia
5th Edition
Unmarked, a bit worn, book only - $45

BUSL250 Business Law
2nd Edition 05
Written in and highlighted - $45

ECON111 Principles of Microeconomics
2nd Edition
Unmarked, no study guide - $40

PM me with offers

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC

glitterfairy said:
BBA250 - Human Resource Management, fifth edition, by Raymond Stone. I bought this book off one of our most over-intelligent BOSers, Skittled. He left it in pristine condition, and typically, I left it in pristine condition too (more due to lack of use rather than application of tender loving care, et al). It's my belief that his total pwnage of this subject (HD, 2nd in the subject) is passed on through this textbook (which should really become some sort of holy relic) because I too pwned this subject, by passing with only a few quick flicks through the textbook. You too can share in this experience for $40! (negotiable)
ROFL. :D
I'd almost buy this textbook back you know. It's a really good HR text, compared to the other ones I've come across. It's the type of thing that'd also be useful in the real world... ESPECIALLY compared to the other textbooks that're available.

Actually, while I'm here, I'll list mine, too.
  • BBA207
    Bernardin & Coles package
    - "Human resource management" and "Counselling in the workplace". Perfect condition, except for a slightly bend back cover on the former book.
  • ACCG253
    Peirson et al, 9th ed.
    "Business Finance" + mid year exam
  • BBA350/351 + BBA310/311
    Hill, Jones and Galvin
    - "Strategic Management" Note, this was used for both semesters
  • PSY237
    Goldstein, 6th ed
    - "Sensation and Perception".

[*]SOLD - Psy240
    Graziano & Raulin
    - "Research MEthods: A process of Inquiry"

• Old ACST101 books.
    Details upon request. Keep in mind the formulae doesn't change. Will practically give away

All books include class/lecture/tute/seminar/research/diagrams/random notes taken during the subject. These, where possible, will be included.

Please PM with inquiries. - for a good deal, make an offer. Any cash is good cash.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

;) you want to place a bid on it? heck, I'd even throw in that little mini-cd of yours for free (if you want it for resale purposes - it is a cute little thing in a cute little case after all) if you want to buy the book back. :p

NB: Cute little CD not avaliable to any other customer, as I just feel weird reselling it, although I'm sure Steve is willing to sell another copy of his notes.

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC

hahaha ahh lynn. You're awesome. Ta for not reselling the notes; if anyone wants the notes, I'll give em away with a reasonable donation to my textbook foundation. (I didn't charge you extra for that did I, Lynn?)

Re re-buying it... I'll hold off for the moment. have just come back from holidays, finding my wallet a little light and and worthless-souvenir-heavy (ie. I'm broke). If you don't sell it, give me a yell and we'll see what I can do!

bebe<3

HSC

Im selling Econ/Finance/Law textbooks -------- see my sig :)

HSC
N/A

Skittled said:
hahaha ahh lynn. You're awesome. Ta for not reselling the notes; if anyone wants the notes, I'll give em away with a reasonable donation to my textbook foundation. (I didn't charge you extra for that did I, Lynn?)

Re re-buying it... I'll hold off for the moment. have just come back from holidays, finding my wallet a little light and and worthless-souvenir-heavy (ie. I'm broke). If you don't sell it, give me a yell and we'll see what I can do!
I don't know whether I was 'charged' for the notes per se but I think they were factored into the price. All in all I still think it was a good deal though, esp for the textbook alone which really was in pristine condition :)

dandel26

HSC

Just out of interest, does Macquarie uni have a second hand book store similar to the one that UTS runs?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC

Nothing official. SAM used to run something, but I don't know if it's still around.

Textbookexchange.com.au is used by about 20% of the student population (according to their estimates), though.

Predictably, posters are stuck to walls, too.

HSC
N/A

The SAMshop tends to have some second hand books. Don't expect all titles there though.

I've never looked at the textbook exchange site... though all my second hand books I found via posters stuck around uni or on BOS.

Catastrophe

HSC

Selling:
ACCG 200/201 Management Accounting 4e $60

ACCG 201 Management - Second pacific rim edition (95% new) $60

ACCG 250/251 Accounting and Information Systems, Bill Blair, Gordon Bryce (99% new) $70

ACCG 250/251 Using Quickbooks Accounting software $50

ACCG 253 Business Finance 9th edition $50

ACST 101 Mathematics of Finance 2nd edition $30

ACST 101 Financial Institutions Instruments 4th edition $30

COMP 115 C++ Programming: Program Design with Lab manual $40

PM or email to cosmicnova@hotmail.com if interested

Last edited:

jade_383

HSC

Hey as a newbie to the forums first off hi!!!

other than that i was wondering if anybody had the following books i could BUY or knows where i can BUY them cheap?

*Genki I: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese

*-Gleitman, H., Fridlund, A. & Reisberg, D. (2004). Psychology (6th Ed). N.Y: W.W. Norton & Co.

*Smyth, T.R. (2004). The principles of writing in psychology. Palgrave Macmillan:UK.

Also if anybody could give me anymore information about the stat170 textbook vs the book of lectures/exercises? Are they seperate things or different? should i buy both?

Thanks

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

anyone know the textbooks needed for econ110?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A

jade_383 said:
Hey as a newbie to the forums first off hi!!!

other than that i was wondering if anybody had the following books i could BUY or knows where i can BUY them cheap?

*Genki I: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese

*-Gleitman, H., Fridlund, A. & Reisberg, D. (2004). Psychology (6th Ed). N.Y: W.W. Norton & Co.

*Smyth, T.R. (2004). The principles of writing in psychology. Palgrave Macmillan:UK.

Also if anybody could give me anymore information about the stat170 textbook vs the book of lectures/exercises? Are they seperate things or different? should i buy both?

Thanks
Hi Jade,

Welcome to BOS. It's good to see another psychology person here :)

I'm one of those weird people who never sells textbooks but some of the other psych people here may have those books. Check with Clairegirl, skittled or Maryjane. Though they may have already sold their first year psych textbooks already.

As for stat170. The folder of lectures is essential, so make sure you definitely buy that. The book, on the other hand, may not be as important. It really depends. I found it very helpful, though others found it a waste. Maybe you can borrow it in the library when you need it.

(As you're a new student, I may see you at the orientation day on thursday. I'll be there helping out on the day, so make sure you say hi if you see me - my name is Jamie)

speed2

HSC

CharlieB said:
anyone know the textbooks needed for econ110?
Last year it was Macroeconomic Principles by R.M.O'Donnell (revised 3rd edition) i can only assume its the same this year.

----------------

I've got all the books for 1st year actuarial studies;

Sem1
ECON110 - Macroeconomic Principles by R.M.O'Donnell (3rd Edition) same as the 'revised 3rd edition' which was used last year - $35 SOLD
STAT171 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics by W. Mendenhall, R.J. Beaver, B.M. Beaver ( 11th edition) in perfect condition, comes with CD - $55SOLD

Sem2
ECON111 - Microeconomics, a contemporary introduction by M.Swan and W.a.Mceachern (second edition) + Study guide. Both were used just last semester, in perfect condition, come with lecture slides and assignment answers - $55SOLD
ACCG105 - Financial Accounting by K.Trorman and M.Gibbins (3rd edition) just used last semester, in perfect condition, comes with generic skills booklet by Sin and Jones - $80
ACST211 - Unit Notes - $5.00

Last edited:

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC

I'm in the market for accg340 text book (Auditing & Assurance Services In Australia - Revised Edition, Gay & Simnett, ISBN: 9780074717417, Edition: 03E06) which is the attached jpg.

Around $60?

jade_383

HSC

Cyan Phoenix:

Thanks so much for your help. Will for sure come say hi! Im going to be a nigel that day so im a little bit nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)