• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Buying a car while on L's - would you do this? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Buy something small--it'll save you on the petrol if nothing else. The cars of people I know on P plates:

- Mazda 121, $35-40 of petrol a week so that's not running up a massive petrol bill there
- Volkswagen Golf
- Toyota Corolla/Camry (something of the like)
- A 20 year old BMW that said P plater's father didn't want (he was a car enthusiast and always brings home cars from HK)
- Mercedes A series <--this one is probably beyond your budget, but you get the idea of small car = smaller petrol bills

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
when it comes to fuel and reliability, you cant go past the echo

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I bought a car on my L's, cause it was the only car I could learn in, and I wasn't going to spend millions on driving lessons.
And then when I hit my P's I already had a car to drive.

I miss my first car :(

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
I ended up getting a brand new car just over a week ago (and got my P's last month) :) - problem solved! ;)

`redoctober

HSC
Yes, it gives you a chance to learn while supervised and get used to the car before you go out on your own.

Knowing that all (and I'm not afraid to say that) P platers are either bad drivers or push the limits a bit, it's beneficial that you get practice with a fully licenced driver before you jump in it after you haven't been driving solo for too long.

I'm getting my car soon whilst still on my L's, and I believe it'll help me a lot more.

`redoctober

HSC
ashraf91 said:
but dats d cost of riding in style.
I wouldn't really call a '96 Supra "style", sure it's a nice car. But that's pretty much where it ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)