• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

buying uni places? (1 Viewer)

leeamja

HSC
how is it fair that ppl who get 80 approx UAI/ENTER etc can get into full-fee paying places at uni and Government subsidised places can be up to 20 points higher? Anyone else feel against this?
WHY DOES MONEY RULE THE WORLD???

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
20?

Its only 5....

leeamja

HSC
Adelaide Uni

Adelaide uni has a course that is 80 clearly in for CSP and 98+ for fee-paying. (Saw it on ACA)

7th Sign

HSC
I know this kid who got a uai in the 30s...he thinks he is paying some uni 30 grand to get in or some rubbish :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
MQ also has non-award, ie full fee-paying.

However most people only do this to transfer into the "Regular" courses - it's just one more way to "get in".

And besides - Universities are majorly underfunded, as you all will soon find out. They need all the money they can get.

7th Sign

HSC
Argonaut said:
Oh bullshitbullshitbullshit.

Everyone you know seems to have more money than sense.

he was saying something about paying 30 grand to get into some fundamentals course then getting transfered into uni after 8 months....dont worry this kid talks alot of shit...

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
waste of money, is ur real short on UAI points, i reckon. Get a TAFE course or something. TAFE isn't so bad, i reckon. There are people out there, rich and content, with only TAFE diplomas.

Uni is all about meeting the chicks and making friends. It's like being a kid again :p.

Graduation is secondary.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Argonaut said:
You've been watching too many American teen movies; it's not like that at all. I can give you good odds that you'll be in for a rude shock come exam time ...
nooo!

OK, maybe i can still make friends... Unless they're all nerdy martians from another lifetime?

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Money does rule the world. In fact, banks dont have a set amount of money. It is widely known that banks 'make' money. They give out loans to people and charge interest rates to get more money. In fact if everyone decided to get all their money out the bank, banks would not even be able to fulfill 5% of people wishes. The Rothschilds own the banks and hence rule the world. Terrorists attacked the World Trade Centre because the USA was hoarding all the money.
You may ask why Australia is selling all its assets like Telstra for example. We have run up huge debts with the Federal Reserve Bank in USA. This Federal reserve bank is not owned by the US government as the title suggests, but by the Rothschilds.
I myself have always questioned why poverty exists. MONEY has stopped huge stockpiles of food being sent over 3rd world countires. MONEY has prevented technology increasing at a faster rate.

I disagree with buying uni places. Maybe they should donate money to universities if they are so content on giving it away.

leeamja

HSC
politik said:
Oh God.

It's just one degree that has that.

Dont you know that A Current Affair is a piece of journalistic shit?

how can you be so sure-you're just one person! plus i have a friend who was able to get into a high course, and dropped out at the end of first year. what about those people who can't afford $35,000+ a year? don't push someone out of uni, you may not even like the course~

leeamja

HSC
natstar said:
If you go with FEE, theres still FEE-PAY. You can get up to 50k assistance, that you pay back when you get a job and earn the threshold. The 50k probably wont cover your whole degree, but hey, it might help, you jut gotta pay back heaps more than HECS people
heaps is right!! who wants that sort of a burden when there are numerous other pathways TAFEetc. anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)