spin spin sugar said:
i dropped out today

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
what the... ? :(

great, now squishy can heckle abt how crabby uts is. shuddup tim. :p

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Ah good onya ive been contemplating the same, what are your plans for the future grace?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Woah I'm surprised! But you have gotta do what is right for you, so good luck with whatever course/career you want to do now.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Soma said:
Ah good onya ive been contemplating the same, what are your plans for the future grace?
I know so many people dropping out it's not funny... i guess that 1 in 4 first yr drop out rate is true after all...

I'm just so in shock...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
pfft not like you guys dont have enough :p

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
johnson said:
!
how come, i didn't know that u hated uni so..?
i just dont think uts was right for me!!

Soma said:
if youre contemplating it and you think youre gonna struggle with this semester, keeping up and stuff, i think you should go for it. i got so sick of ppl telling me to just stick it out & keep going when i knew i was just going to end up not attending & failing everything this semester. its a waste of my time and money which is why i ultimately just withdrew.

i still want to do pub.comm next yr, so i WILL apply, but i doubt i'll get thru. if i don't i'll probably head down to the Gong, ive heard its much more of a party atmosphere down there ;) in the mean time im studying a CErtificate 4 in Public Relations @ TAFE, pt time, to help with my applications.

i mean even tho i got 99.25 the undergraduate course program director at uts (ursual stroh or soemthing) basically told me i had little chance of getting into pub.comm unless i went and did work experience and got fantastic grades. so for the past couple of months ive been freaking out about it and then i started this semester and i realised there was no way i was going to get good grades- i hate ALL my subj's both law and communications ones - and uts isnt even that great a place to work so hard for. its not fantastic socially anyways! so i figured, fuck it, if i get back in then its all good, and if i dont UOW is just fine by me :) i just want to do PR and dont want to waste my time/money with anything else

you wouldnt believe the weight off my shoulders since i made this decision, i feel so relieved and ive just been having the best time. i'm gonna work full time for the time ive got off and save my $$ for a big holiday overseas at the end of the yr. i think thats what i was meant to do this yr,i shouldve deferred.. but the law faculty doesnt even let ppl defer who haevnt completed 1 subj.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
In order to enter the major stream you need to complete all the core subjects (ie those two full semesters you mentioned).

At least, I think that's how it works. My interpretation maf be flawed...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i hope everything works out!

and congrats on the uai, i don't think you ever told us what it was ;) not in what i have read anyway because i remember you were saying you could never have guessed you'd get what you did, so i was wondering what it was!

MoNNiE

HSC
wow! that's one very impressive uai..
wish you all the best and i hope you succeed within the future!!

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I want to transfer to pub comm too, i heard it was easy, oh well i am doing work experience over the summer holidays so might be ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)