C & C 3 tiberium wars (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
SO whose excited? i know i am, most anticipated game of 2007 i reckon. Finally thje demo is out and ive had a goodly peek at it. I was worried that it might be wierd and stuff dies too quick like in generals zero hour but its actually fairly well balanced.

The variety of workable strategies shits all over starcraft aswell... like you can do this zone trooper drop thing and they have jetpacks to fly in aswell, then you get youe commando to fly in at same time and blow up their base.

I cant wait to play nod and the aliens, its going to be epic.

The game looks fantastic, sort of a mix between generals and red alert2 in how things are structured. The gameplay is very fun but also pretty frantic. Story is excelent, plus that girl from house is in it!

mid march - look out for it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately I lost faith in C&C awhile ago. BUT I want Supreme Commander, darnit. Either way, I know I'll need a new PC.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Collin: do yourself a favour and just try the demo. In alot of ways its back to basics, same building side bar and shit, basically all the ellements that made the original so fun, EXCEPT now the team has had a decade of experience and everything is much more professional. Theres heaps of ellements to make this a real sport aswell, including commentating. Take it as an insiders tip: this is going to be huge at wcg and i wouldnt be surprised if this game takes over from the korean starcraft market.

Basically look at starcraft in korea and how the pro players are famous like sports stars: if anything can bring that to the western world it will be this game.

not to say TA[ i.e supreme commander] isnt good aswell, but its a more strategy orientated game with a massive perspective. All iam saying is try both demoes before you decide which camp to be in[ or both if you want]

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
oh and for you guys who have the demo, go to skermish mode and theres a 'bug' which lets you able to play as nod and to change the computer play style to rusher, turtle etc

what you do is

ctrl + shift +n = selecting nod when you are in the side selection thing
ctrl +shift +[letter, e.g T for turtle] for play style selection

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I've played the demo, my roommates downloaded it, and I must say it looks like a very interesting and fun RTS. I never played any of the original C&Cs, I was a straight Age of Empires II player, but I reckon I could have a lot of fun with tihs tonight. Supreme Commander just finished downloading so I'll play that too, I used to like TA.

trihornX

HSC
what thappened to the rumor that red alert 3 is coming...=( i hope redalert is included in C&c3 series.

Evergreen

HSC
tank spamming is boring but other than that, this is a pretty good game. but it doesnt look like alot of skill is involved, ie. not much micromanagement. does any1 have the full game yet? are the maps better than that shitty demo one?

lilvampiress

HSC
My boyfriend got the game 2 days ago, I played it last night for about half an hour. I'm not an RTS player, so it was really good and I picked up the gameplay kinda quickly, so it was easy to play, fun, etc. I was just confused cause I dont play rts, and especially CNC so I didnt know all the ups and downs of the different groups.
But my boyfriend loves it, so apparently its pretty good.

Evergreen

HSC
the fanbase is very large for C&C3, this is 1 of the raesons why its in World Cyber Games 2007 USA. they need to improve this game by heaps. the unit movement is too sluggish and the AI is the shittest ever on a game. compared to starcraft, this game is shit

Collin

HSC
N/A
lilvampiress said:
But my boyfriend loves it, so apparently its pretty good.
Why does the fact that your boyfriend likes it automatically makes it 'apparently good'? :confused:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
depends. Multiplayer is kind of buggy right now, i am hoping they can fix it up. Alot of people have been complaining about how tank spam is the only real strategy. I havent found that at all.

Tank spam is good, but so is sending in a commando to blow up their base quickly, teching up and using bombers is good too. Keep it mind that it has just came out so not everything is balanced perfectly and not every bug is sorted out yet.

There was this awesome bug on release day that i got to use ONCE, you play as scrin and phase shift an engineer, which makes it unable to attack and unable to be attacked, then walk in and capture up their base lol.

lilvampiress

HSC
There's been WCG in austalia before..
and it was apparently good because thats his feedback he gave me on it. I've played it too, and I dont mind it, but I dont have a strong opinion because I'm not an RTS player...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)