C/D: English Paper 1 should be extended by about 30 minutes (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Nope, seriously, people are finishing early nowadays... (not that I did lol)

Woteva636

HSC
The 2nd paper should get a bit longer, after all, its an extra 15 marks. however, next year its all one test anyway, so each section that we do would be the equivelant of 1.5hrs.
BTW, if they extended either test, there'd be a huge uproar from those who don't really want to do english anyway, only to have to do 4.5-5 or even 6 hours worth of exams.
Personally, i dont think any single subject (not counting extensions) should get more than 3hrs per 2 units, which is what most subjects get. Why is english so speciall that it gets 4?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
if you asked me during the trials i woulda said yes

but today, i found that i was ok for time (for once!!)

however i think the modules exam should be about 2.5 hours (since we have to write 3 damn essays!)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Paper 2 should be longer, paper 1 is alright.

jassono

HSC
They should give all Standard students an extra hour, and take 30 minutes off all the Extension kids :p
Should also let the standard students use computers and make extension students write with their blood

Is it true standard students are capped at band 5...thats what i heard from a friend of mine

Rainie

HSC
Is it true standard students are capped at band 5...thats what i heard from a friend of mine
It's just harder to get a Band 6 in Standard. Only a small percentage achieve that each year.

Kikkoman

HSC
No, there is a very small number of people who get band 6 in Standard. So small...
On topic; why does English get 4 hours? Because there's too much to test within the normal scope of 3. They have to test reading, viewing, comprehension, creative, as well as a helluva lot of analytical mumbo jumbo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)