CA Achievers program - 2009 (1 Viewer)

Prada_Girl

HSC
Hi guys

I'm applying for it this year. I'm second year, however they said if you're doing second year and it's a single/double with accounting, then it's fine to apply...hope I get in.

Just wondering - who got in and could they please share their experiences..

I'm scared cos I don't know what the selection process will be..anyone want to help??? :D

Also, is anyone applying this year???

Last edited:

niknik610

HSC
hey, i'm about to apply for the program too...
but i'm not sure about your results and questions above so can't answer sorry..
also. i went through the Accredited Tertiary Courses Listing and there are unshaded and shaded parts. For the unshaded part, it says it's a requirement, do we need to have completed all the unshaded subjects to apply or is it just at least one subject there??? How can one possible complete all the unshaded subjects in 1 year??? omg...help please

here's the listing:
http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/files/documents/2009 ATC List FINAL_11May09.pdf

Prada_Girl

HSC
Hey - I phoned them and they said that you have to have done your first year core accounting subjects ONLY.

So whatever subjects you have for first year accounting should be completed or in the process of completion...I think :) Check with them yourself if you want!

mrmoney

HSC
Hi guys i was a past CA Achiever in 2008 - 2009...

I had an average mark of 55% but had some awesome work experience and answers to the questions...

If you guys want to know anything post and i will answer...

ALSO grades are NOT everything and dont let anyone tell you other wise....

niknik610

HSC
thanks Prada_girl for letting me know..

mrmoney: what did you actually get to do?
Which firm did you work for?
how much is the payrate? (i know it's for experience not money but just curious)
were there any interviews you had to attend before getting it?

miss-smexy

HSC
has anyone got a reply yet or interview offers for this?

mrmoney

HSC
what did you actually get to do? WORK what do you mean?
Which firm did you work for? Ferrier Hodgson
how much is the payrate? $25 though expect less or more depending on firm (i know it's for experience not money but just curious)
were there any interviews you had to attend before getting it? Group interview then panel interview then a presentation night... VERY COMPETITIVE

niknik610

HSC
what did you actually get to do? WORK what do you mean?
Which firm did you work for? Ferrier Hodgson
how much is the payrate? $25 though expect less or more depending on firm (i know it's for experience not money but just curious)
were there any interviews you had to attend before getting it? Group interview then panel interview then a presentation night... VERY COMPETITIVE
um..ok
i know it's WORK. there are different types. easy admin photocopy, filing stuff? or reeeeal, really good experience stuff? there IS a difference. =D

mrmoney

HSC
um..ok
i know it's WORK. there are different types. easy admin photocopy, filing stuff? or reeeeal, really good experience stuff? there IS a difference. =D
No need to be a smartass about it you asked the question... ill help others now as you seem to be a little too arrogant for my liking... any other qs feel free to pm

Prada_Girl

HSC
has anyone got a reply yet or interview offers for this?
Hi there. No not as yet as applications for all states/areas close on Monday 31st August. They review applications as soon as they are received, so usually they notify you soon after Monday! :)

Here's hoping we all get through to the next stage!

Just wondering though - I applied for Sydney, but I'm not too sure of what my chances are - MrMoney - maybe you could answer this? Thank you :)

The person on the phone said my app was excellent, but I'm rly nervous about it cos Sydney is highly competitive..BUT great if you get in :)

nellyei

HSC
The person on the phone said my app was excellent, but I'm rly nervous about it cos Sydney is highly competitive..BUT great if you get in :)
long time lurker here :)

what do you mean the person on the phone said your app was excellent?

Prada_Girl

HSC
APPS HAVE CLOSED!!!! Lol as of yesterday - Monday 31 August - MIDNIGHT! :D

How long will it take them to get back to us??

inthegrid

HSC
I haven't received any feedback so far...have you been contacted yet?

91bang

HSC
I've got nothing yet either, its taken care of area-by-area, I'm in the ACT - so I haven't got any feedback yet except that they will contact me shortly because they've received lots of applications.

Prada_Girl

HSC
Oooo..Congrats Studentleader!!! :)

I also haven't gotten a reply as yet..but I hope they get back to all of us ASAP. I'm pretty sure they're doing their best :) as it is probably quite a few apps to go through!!

whoisurdaddy

HSC
Hi guys i was a past CA Achiever in 2008 - 2009...

I had an average mark of 55% but had some awesome work experience and answers to the questions...

If you guys want to know anything post and i will answer...

ALSO grades are NOT everything and dont let anyone tell you other wise....
When you say awesome work experience what do u mean? Like work experience in many different jobs or like work experience in areas related to the program?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)