• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

ctkid

HSC
hey guys i though i might start us off for 2007. Who else is applying for cadetships this year. And anyone else going to Cadetships evening on 24 May? Let's use this forum to get to know each other better and help ourselves in group interviews :p
so guys, how is everyone else going regarding their application? have any firms open their applications as yet? Anyone have any interviews?

Past Cadets are requested to help us out here and give us your views on what we can do to improve our chances to getting a cadetship.

Goodluck everyone....GET INVOLVED!!!!

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Re: Cadetships 2007

hmm seems interesting about the cadetship evening, most likely i will be there too to convince people why a cadetship is good.

i'm a first year cadet, i was in this situation like you were once last year haha, i hope this might help

1. when applying for a cadetship, you may as well apply for all of it. i must say although you are in a mid-tier firm, your exposed to just as much work than the larger big-4.

And besides, i pretty much prefer mid-tier firms because you can get to know everyone in the company, rather than just being a number from the thousand who works in the building.

2. i just very well hope you know how to write a resume lol, as the HR managers have not seen you before,

their impression of letting you make into first round solely relys on how well and impressive your resume is as well as your cover letter.
they don't solely rely on your academic results (as some firms does not care which uni you go to as long as you are in a uni) but as well as your extra curricular activites and your ability of starting conversations. even though i must say my HSC results wasn't that spectacular, my extra curricular such as school captain, really helped me alot.

3.There isn't really a point of impressing anyone at the cadetship evening. people are just there to help or inform anyone what cadetships are like through the experiences of other cadets, so dont make the mistakes of some people asking ridiculous questions thinking that they will remember you when the interview comes lol.
just don't make an ass of yourself that will scar you so bad that the person who interviews you knew you were a douche at the evening :)

4. Hmm from my experience, when in some interviews, the people who interviews you just loves to tell you about their side of work. so i'm not saying to try to make forced conversations, but instead to be yourself and make the conversations flow.

i think thats all i can think of, i can't believe these interviews are already happening lol, i remember i was just as stressed when this happened.

feel free to ask me any questions regarding the cadetship, i felt that there were a lack of people who help me about the cadetships last year *cough*.

Good luck!

Last edited:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

Hey!! im going to the cadetship evening on may 24 too, but i was wondering is it better to wear school uniform or something else formal because it starts at 430 and i wont have time to change after school cuz it takes an hour just to get home...

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

^

Makes no difference..

Usually though the private schools wear their uniform and the public schools come in suits. :p

Nobody is assessing you there...

ctkid

HSC

ye thnx 4 dat cool dude. i wen o the eving last year in year 11 aswell cause i know this is what i want to do. but the only problem is my academics arent all that great in terms of my school but i attend one of sydney's top 5 schools...

also, just wear your school uniform, you wanna keep your suit saved for those interviews ;)

has anyone got any interviews yet or know if any firm is accepting application as yet and started their interview process

btw cool dude, how do you like pitcher partners, i hear they are quite impressive

La Divina, what school are u from?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

i go to st george girls high school, what school are you from ctkid?

Pitcher Partners are in the top ten aren't they?

I dont think interview processes are going to start so soon, i think they are during the june/july period...but im not sure :p

yeah my marks arent that great either but i think it pretty much comes down to how u talk in the interview...right?

Last edited:

ctkid

HSC

i go 2 sydney high, ye hopefully as cool dude says, marks wont make da big difference bacause that would realli suck

is a roflcopter
HSC

yay for high boys :)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

ctkid are you going to the cadetship info evening for moore stephens?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I hope I get to see a bunch of you guys at the Cadetship Evening on May 24th!

On a sidenote, don't underestimate the value of leaving a good impression early on. It never hurts if recruiters can put a face and persona to the written application- assuming you leave a positive impression!

ctkid

HSC

La Divina said:
ctkid are you going to the cadetship info evening for moore stephens?
ye i am
are you going to moore stepehsn city or parramatta cadetship eveing...they have 2

ctkid

HSC

seremify007 said:
I hope I get to see a bunch of you guys at the Cadetship Evening on May 24th!

On a sidenote, don't underestimate the value of leaving a good impression early on. It never hurts if recruiters can put a face and persona to the written application- assuming you leave a positive impression!
are you attending on behalf of a firm? awesome:)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

I don't know if i am going to both. Is there any point, will they give different information? Which one are you going to?

ctkid

HSC

La Divina said:
I don't know if i am going to both. Is there any point, will they give different information? Which one are you going to?
ill b going to the city 1....you?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

i think ill be going to the city one too

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

La Divina said:
From memory they both offer pretty much the same information, and the HR people from both offices attend both functions- the only difference is that the speakers (eg. partners, current cadets, ex-cadets, staff, etc..) will obviously be different and may offer different perspectives on the two offices.

ctkid

HSC

seremify007 said:
From memory they both offer pretty much the same information, and the HR people from both offices attend both functions- the only difference is that the speakers (eg. partners, current cadets, ex-cadets, staff, etc..) will obviously be different and may offer different perspectives on the two offices.
hey seremify...are you a cadet? and if so what firm are you working at? moore stephens im guessing
do you enjoy it? any advice for us new people applying

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC

bukwow said:
3.There isn't really a point of impressing anyone at the cadetship evening. people are just there to help or inform anyone what cadetships are like through the experiences of other cadets, so dont make the mistakes of some people asking ridiculous questions thinking that they will remember you when the interview comes lol.
just don't make an ass of yourself that will scar you so bad that the person who interviews you knew you were a douche at the evening :)
Good luck!
Incorrect.

These kind of events are very influential in regards to recruitment. I cannot stress that enough, it is no secret.

Particularly at the info nights for each firm, people do take notice. Catching people in a comfortable environment mingling with others (this is the intention) is a great way to get to know someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)