CADETSHIPS 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tambam

HSC
I emailed the other day and didn't get a reply, so I'm assuming if they don't have time to reply to an email then they wouldn't have time to talk on the phone
If you just assume you'll never know if you could have gotten an interview or not. Just call and get a straight answer, its possible they overlooked your email or just forgot to call you back?

cazzl26

HSC
Hi

I did my numerical reasoning test on Friday 15th at around 10pm and I got the email on Wednesday at around 4o'clock saying :
We ask that you complete these assessments within a 24-48 hour window to allow us to review your results. The actual tests will take approximately one hour to complete.
Would it be too late or will they still accept my test? I got a message saying that they did accept it but my friend has already gotten an telephone interview straight after they did the test thursday after business hours? Does this mean that I did not get it ?

Jousams

HSC
N/A
Just to restart this thread,

How are everyones applications going?
Have you applied to The Big 4 only, or mid teier aswell and maybe even smaller firms?
How many interviews does everyone have?
and how many of you all have been to the PWC, EY & KPMG information nights? I have been to them all and the faces are starting to come familiar!

sorry about all the questions.
i just have not got many interviews and dont know wherether im behind the 8ball.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Just to restart this thread,

How are everyones applications going?
Have you applied to The Big 4 only, or mid teier aswell and maybe even smaller firms?
How many interviews does everyone have?
and how many of you all have been to the PWC, EY & KPMG information nights? I have been to them all and the faces are starting to come familiar!

sorry about all the questions.
i just have not got many interviews and dont know wherether im behind the 8ball.
Some applications just closed on friday afternoon - and I just did a test today, so as of now I believe we are all in the same boat. However those who applied for business cadetship i.e the UBS one, those closed ages ago (so more time for progress within the process)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Hi

I did my numerical reasoning test on Friday 15th at around 10pm and I got the email on Wednesday at around 4o'clock saying :
We ask that you complete these assessments within a 24-48 hour window to allow us to review your results. The actual tests will take approximately one hour to complete.
Would it be too late or will they still accept my test? I got a message saying that they did accept it but my friend has already gotten an telephone interview straight after they did the test thursday after business hours? Does this mean that I did not get it ?
which firm is this?

tambam

HSC
any tips for phone interviews?
I prepared for this and all my other interviews by making a list of all my extracurricular activities and what I learnt from each one, so that I had plenty of examples to draw from when I was asked behavioural type questions (eg. When was a time you...)

Keep it natural and conversational, definitely DON'T recite pre-prepared crap about how you're passionate about accounting.

Prepare some questions to ask (things you're genuinely interested in, not just for the sake of it)

And yeahhh those are my top tips for acing all your cadetship interviews lol. Also it gets a lot easier with experience, so even if you don't do as well as you hope, just take it as a valuable contribution to your career, and you will definitely be better the next time round.

Jousams

HSC
N/A
what was the personality test like? long? short?
It was around 20 minutes but untimed.
15 questions.
Most of the questions were; I you were in (x) situation and you didn't know/weren't certain on what to do.you would.
a) give it a go and try and wing it
b) ask your manager

I really hope I get an EY interview.
Any tips if I do, seremify?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I prepared for this and all my other interviews by making a list of all my extracurricular activities and what I learnt from each one, so that I had plenty of examples to draw from when I was asked behavioural type questions (eg. When was a time you...)

Keep it natural and conversational, definitely DON'T recite pre-prepared crap about how you're passionate about accounting.

Prepare some questions to ask (things you're genuinely interested in, not just for the sake of it)

And yeahhh those are my top tips for acing all your cadetship interviews lol. Also it gets a lot easier with experience, so even if you don't do as well as you hope, just take it as a valuable contribution to your career, and you will definitely be better the next time round.
LOL no wonder you were gun and successful. :)

BiancaC

HSC
Keep it natural and conversational
I just kept to this and got offfers doing this. Those 5 words are all you need to know.

However, you can (in some circumstances) be passionate. I was actually passionate about the service line I was entering (most service lines its difficult to say you are passionate but I could easily say I was passionate about mine).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just kept to this and got offfers doing this. Those 5 words are all you need to know.

However, you can (in some circumstances) be passionate. I was actually passionate about the service line I was entering (most service lines its difficult to say you are passionate but I could easily say I was passionate about mine).
Yeah if a high school student told me they were passionate about becoming a tax accountant or an auditor.... lol.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What's should they ideally say when applying for a cadetship then? Just curious :p
i think they should just be honest and say what you really want. the reality is the person interviewing you probably went through similar thought processes back in the day and can connect with that.

HSC
i think they should just be honest and say what you really want. the reality is the person interviewing you probably went through similar thought processes back in the day and can connect with that.
Ah ok, I'll need to keep this in mind for next year then.

Thanks!

tambam

HSC
What's should they ideally say when applying for a cadetship then? Just curious :p
My spiel in all my interviews was that I thought accounting experience was extremely important in understanding a business, which would help me in my aspirations to one day run my own business.

Also its weird that ey used a personality test this year, I don't see how reliable/valid they would be. But congrats if you get an interview, they give out less than the other 2 big 4s, and they give arounx 50% of interviewees an offer (based on last years experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)