Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaczaczac

HSC
^ no idea, but maybe pen, paper, copy of results + copy of passport for ID or something?
Or maybe nothing really.....

PS: when abouts did you apply/do the online test?

Guonner

HSC
i applied late may i think and got accepted on June 7.
but my mate applied o the 7th and got the phone call today.
we both did the tests day after for 22nd for me 8th for him.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Have two interviews - both on the same day (i.e. tomorrow) - because I could not schedule one on Wednesday or Thursday due to other commitments (plus the times on those 2 days are wayyy too early and I wouldn't be home by then either way).

Feeling screwed and more nervous now :haha:

ellentat

HSC
When did you apply?

Haven't heard anything either....(applied like start of last week-ish)

+ do you know if they send out emails or calls?
I think they send out rejection emails but receive acceptance calls?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there anything specific i need to take on the assessment centre day?
because in the email nothing was specified..this is KPMG btw.
To be on the safe side I'd bring a portfolio (ie presented folder of reports, achievements, resume copy etc), your own pen and a piece of paper. I doubt you'd need anything actually, but to be on the safe side be prepared!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
When did you apply?

Haven't heard anything either....(applied like start of last week-ish)

+ do you know if they send out emails or calls?
They could be doing it using any combo of these:

-Contact by phone or email all the successful applicants for all divisions
-Contact by phone or email all the successful applicants for each division, one by one (Ie. Tax, then Audit)

-Contact by phone or email all the unsuccessful applicants as their application is reviewed
-Contact by phone or email all the unsuccessful applicants as all the places are filled in their chosen areas/all the fields.
-Not contact unsuccessful applicants whatsoever (which isn't uncommon with mid-tier firms)

Some firms may not reject anybody in case people decline spots, to keep their pools as open as possible. It's really hard to tell because their processes can change from year to year. I mean, at my old job there was one HR person for the entire 300 or so people in the firm. It's not as simple as your in or out instantly. Be patient guys :)

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
Have two interviews - both on the same day (i.e. tomorrow) - because I could not schedule one on Wednesday or Thursday due to other commitments (plus the times on those 2 days are wayyy too early and I wouldn't be home by then either way).

Feeling screwed and more nervous now :haha:
Gl mang

I think they send out rejection emails but receive acceptance calls?
They could be doing it using any combo of these:

-Contact by phone or email all the successful applicants for all divisions
-Contact by phone or email all the successful applicants for each division, one by one (Ie. Tax, then Audit)

-Contact by phone or email all the unsuccessful applicants as their application is reviewed
-Contact by phone or email all the unsuccessful applicants as all the places are filled in their chosen areas/all the fields.
-Not contact unsuccessful applicants whatsoever (which isn't uncommon with mid-tier firms)

Some firms may not reject anybody in case people decline spots, to keep their pools as open as possible. It's really hard to tell because their processes can change from year to year. I mean, at my old job there was one HR person for the entire 300 or so people in the firm. It's not as simple as your in or out instantly. Be patient guys :)
Ahh ok, thanks

Last edited:

zaczaczac

HSC
If they're unable to reach me by phone for whatever reason.......do you think they would send me an email instead or discount me?

My phone's broken D:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If they're unable to reach me by phone for whatever reason.......do you think they would send me an email instead or discount me?

My phone's broken D:
I'd give them a home phone number if you hadn't already and make sure they call you there?

zaczaczac

HSC
I'd give them a home phone number if you hadn't already and make sure they call you there?
Ah okay thanks, yeh I think I gave them my home phone
Just seems super awkward if my parents pick up......
But yeh, should have a working phone in the next few days or so, hopefully they email or call after a few days have passed
Thanks!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah okay thanks, yeh I think I gave them my home phone
Just seems super awkward if my parents pick up......
But yeh, should have a working phone in the next few days or so, hopefully they email or call after a few days have passed
Thanks!
You're 18- don't think they'll mind too much. Beats talking to you on a broken phone line/connection if your mobile is playing up. The other option you also have is when they call, just ask them if they can call you on your home phone to have a better connection?

Jinks

HSC
Is there anything specific i need to take on the assessment centre day?
because in the email nothing was specified..this is KPMG btw.
As mentioned probably just a copy of your results, if they needed anything major i'm sure they would have specified.

Jinks

HSC
which one is better Tax or Audit? Im thinking of starting off in auditing and stay if i like it. If not, transfer to tax. Is this alrite. Because i am really stuck b/w the two
All I can say is google is your friend, just have a search both the areas, read any brochures you can find and look at the companies website and just generally read-up on opinions. In the end it's your choice to what you think suits you better and ultimately what you are interested in. However keep in mind you're probably still young and the firms don't expect you to have a rock-solid mindset about what you want to do for the next 10, 20 or 30 years.

ellentat

HSC
Just received a call from EY and I'm through to assessment centre! Will I be seeing anyone from here there?

ellentat

HSC
congratulations!

Haven't heard back from them yet, fingers crossed.
Keep your phone on you and make sure there's good reception! EY called and I had bad reception so they hung up. Had to call and leave them a message to call my home phone.

helloitsg

HSC
Hi does anyone know where I can practice for the E&Y talent screener? Because I have no idea what it's about, is it a numerical, verbal or personality questionnaire? Also is it hard LOL

ellentat

HSC
Hi does anyone know where I can practice for the E&Y talent screener? Because I have no idea what it's about, is it a numerical, verbal or personality questionnaire? Also is it hard LOL
Just 15 personality type questions. There's no wrong or right answer so don't stress about it. Just answer what is most accurate to YOU. Maybe try shldirect for practice.

Guonner

HSC
nah its just situational judgement stuff not that hard, and there really isn't much practice you can because the answers are subjective.

cheesecheese

HSC
just wondering in regards to PwC, what's the difference between Private Clients vs Audit/Tax, is it just that Private Clients deals one-on-one with people and involves Audit/Tax services or is it advisory/consulting in some shape or form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)