Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickytape

HSC
Would the firms atleast call if you are unsuccessful? Or just leave you in the dark... o_O
I think mid tiers would probably leave you in the dark, but usually big 4 would notify you. EY called me yesterday saying I got rejected, and the AC was on Wednesday so they contacted me more than a week after :/

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Would the firms atleast call if you are unsuccessful? Or just leave you in the dark... o_O
JUST GOT A CALL FROM BDO FOR AN OFFER IN AUDIT! YEEEAAHH. I'm guessing you're wondering about BDO from your last post, they called me like 10 minutes ago and I just went fully happy mode.

davio89

HSC
N/A
JUST GOT A CALL FROM BDO FOR AN OFFER IN AUDIT! YEEEAAHH. I'm guessing you're wondering about BDO from your last post, they called me like 10 minutes ago and I just went fully happy mode.
Wow congratulations! I think i'd rather know if I didn't get it than sit around waiting lol :/

Glaeder

HSC
If you got through to the AC than they will contact you to let you know if you were unsuccessful.

crazy_paki123

HSC
should i apply for a vacationers programme, or try to get D's and HD's in uni with more extra-curriculars and apply for a grad position when my degree is in the final year?

wchang777

HSC
congrats! know anyone else who might've got the offer? i gave them a call just then and courtney told me that theyre finishing everything on monday

davio89

HSC
N/A
congrats! know anyone else who might've got the offer? i gave them a call just then and courtney told me that theyre finishing everything on monday
As if it's that hard to get into contact with the 14 people on one day, rather just a straight answer hey

Glaeder

HSC
should i apply for a vacationers programme, or try to get D's and HD's in uni with more extra-curriculars and apply for a grad position when my degree is in the final year?
Vacationer would be a better option considering they fill most grad roles through their vacationer program. But even to get into the vacationer program you will need a few extra curricular, join some student societies at uni or a sports of your liking. And vacationer is less competitive than graduate, in regards to Melbourne EY had 800 vacationer applications compared to 1600 graduate applications.

Chronost

HSC
I'm not sure who else got the offer (expecting one more person, although they did say up to 4 this year if partners agree). I had a another friend in the interview as well, he didn't get anything either. I will be asking on Monday when I hand in an initial paper to sign who's my comrade at arms. I can see why they didn't contact anyone else and left it till Monday(only a theory), because I'm meant to sign and hand in a initial contract with them by Monday if I'm accepting the offer(and then additional forms will be handed), so if the other person who got the offer won't accept it(cause they got another offer or something) (I'll be accepting mine) , then they'll call the next person on the list to offer them so that even though they can fill it in with a graduate,probably better to have at least some cadets each year to keep that "flow" of cadets each year(or this whole thing makes crap sense,if any). I understand the waiting, I almost lost faith when it was today and like 3:30pm already, I was like Noooo.

Jinks

HSC
Congratulations!!

Jinks

HSC
Why not try and do both, work very hard throughout the year and set yourself up with a Vac program for the holidays! :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
ok, ill go for vacationers. i think i remember one of the HR people from Deloitte or KPMG cant remember on careers fair said they offer a full time grad position to 80% of vacationers.

RishBonjour

HSC
noob question : what is vacationers?
What pathways are there for those not wanting to study part time? I thought it was just graduate entry.

Chronost

HSC
noob question : what is vacationers?
What pathways are there for those not wanting to study part time? I thought it was just graduate entry.
It's basically another name for an internship.I guess accounting firms really use it, and they all pay you to be there during summer working, after which you have a chance to be offered a graduate job with them(similarly to an internship at a firm).

Jinks

HSC
It's basically another name for an internship.I guess accounting firms really use it, and they all pay you to be there during summer working, after which you have a chance to be offered a graduate job with them(similarly to an internship at a firm).
This ^

crazy_paki123

HSC
should my WAM be atleast 75 to be considered for vacationers and if its like 74 is that ok?

RishBonjour

HSC
should my WAM be atleast 75 to be considered for vacationers and if its like 74 is that ok?
Despite all the other factors they take in, if you want a serious chance, probably should have a D average (I can imagine how hard that will be with second/third year subs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)