Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Talking about this has anybody received anything back from RSM?
Nope

Just received an email notifying that I have advanced through to the phone interview stage for BDO. From experience or does anyone know what type of questions they will be asking me?
oh god i just applied now ahhaah, didn't even realise the closing date was today either...

Glaeder

HSC
That is awfully quick for EY to respond Fractionlord, considering applications aren't even closed yet? Only reason of this I can think of is that they have already filled up their AC.
In regards to phone interview:
1) well done in progressing :)
2) Make sure you are aware of a recent news item that can be applied to the services BDO offers
3) Don't prepare word for word answers, it is easy for the recruiter to pick up when you are repeating pre prepared responses.
4) Have your resume and the responses you gave for online application in front of you.
5) Research the firm throughly and also have an understanding of the area under which you wish to work
6) And importantly, although not essential but proves to be an advantage, ask questions as this shows that you are keen to learn and progress in the business

The rest is just basics, such as answer the phone in a formal manner and if you don't understand a question ask them to repeat it rather than trying to wing it, it is alright if you have to take a minute to come up with a response.
Lastly don't be nervous and be confident, the recruiters are judging you on your voice (Since they can't see you!!) so be clear and precise.

Best of luck

Examine

same
HSC
That is awfully quick for EY to respond Fractionlord, considering applications aren't even closed yet? Only reason of this I can think of is that they have already filled up their AC.
In regards to phone interview:
1) well done in progressing :)
2) Make sure you are aware of a recent news item that can be applied to the services BDO offers
3) Don't prepare word for word answers, it is easy for the recruiter to pick up when you are repeating pre prepared responses.
4) Have your resume and the responses you gave for online application in front of you.
5) Research the firm throughly and also have an understanding of the area under which you wish to work
6) And importantly, although not essential but proves to be an advantage, ask questions as this shows that you are keen to learn and progress in the business

The rest is just basics, such as answer the phone in a formal manner and if you don't understand a question ask them to repeat it rather than trying to wing it, it is alright if you have to take a minute to come up with a response.
Lastly don't be nervous and be confident, the recruiters are judging you on your voice (Since they can't see you!!) so be clear and precise.

Best of luck
So in the end it would be better to research the firm and wing the phone interview rather than have preprepared answers?

Jinks

HSC
So in the end it would be better to research the firm and wing the phone interview rather than have preprepared answers?
Don't wing it per se, but at the same time don't have paragraphs of writing in front of you, be prepared with a few dot points for possible questions and it would also be a good idea to plan some examples that you could use to show a variety of qualities.

Edit: As mentioned it is also a good idea to research the firm, know some of their qualities, mission statements etc!

HSC
N/A
nuuu i think my pwc online assessment link died :(

there's a 404 error. is it because i left it too long?

crazy_paki123

HSC
missed out on thee EY and Moore Stephens app yesterday due to studying for Accounting final :( and got rejected by KPMG :( Hopefully, PwC or BDO accept, what happens if no cadetships? oh and pitcher partners are still yet to open :)

Glaeder

HSC
That's a shame Mohsin, but you really should have got it in early :). KPMG are much more picky than the rest I believe, in terms of what happens now that you don't have one, well that's for you to decide but it's not the end of the world! :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
^ How do you know my name :/ also, i submitted my app for PwC just now and no test? should i be concerned

Glaeder

HSC
It's a very common name, I took a guess.
Umm it doesn't matter I guess since they consider all applications but there is the risk of AC getting filled up early on. Plus the later you put an app in the more people you get compared against?

ellentat

HSC
missed out on thee EY and Moore Stephens app yesterday due to studying for Accounting final :( and got rejected by KPMG :( Hopefully, PwC or BDO accept, what happens if no cadetships? oh and pitcher partners are still yet to open :)
You can still apply for Moore Stephens. Their end date is the 21st of June

Jinks

HSC
^ How do you know my name :/ also, i submitted my app for PwC just now and no test? should i be concerned
Umm it doesn't matter I guess since they consider all applications but there is the risk of AC getting filled up early on. Plus the later you put an app in the more people you get compared against?
lol

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Why did they reject you?

I didn't even get a confirmation email when i submitted it, should i be concerned? When i was submitting it, my internet disconnected so i think it must have caused an error? When i log into Pwc, the page looks frozen and i can't edit my summary etc

Worried now...

EDIT:
Nevermind, after a few hours of my account being frozen, i was finally able to submit it again. Relieved....

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mohsin, given that one of the key criteria for a cadetship/traineeship is the ability to balance work and study (whilst maintaining some kind of life), how would you be able to handle it if you were unable to adequately prioritise the applications you were keen on? I used to think it was cruel that applications are often during some kind of exams or trials/etc, but after doing the cadetship, I look back and see how great it was at showing whether or not someone would be able to balance things later on especially when deadlines or unexpected events pop up.

I'm not having a go at you but I'd think about how you would answer that question if asked in an interview.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't wing it per se, but at the same time don't have paragraphs of writing in front of you, be prepared with a few dot points for possible questions and it would also be a good idea to plan some examples that you could use to show a variety of qualities.

Edit: As mentioned it is also a good idea to research the firm, know some of their qualities, mission statements etc!
This. But try to keep it interesting and be aware of the limitations of a telephone interview from a candidate's perspective (i.e. you can't see the body signals or facial expression of your interviewer).

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for your recent application for Ernst & Young's Sydney Cadet Program 2014. We appreciate the care you have taken in preparing your application and have reviewed it with interest.

Unfortunately, this year's process was particularly competitive and whilst we were impressed with your achievements to date, we are unable to take your application further at this stage.

We would like to stress that positions in our Sydney Cadet Program 2014 are limited and that this is reflected in the number of people we can consider for this scheme.

Once again we appreciate the interest you have shown in our firm and wish you every success.

Kind regards,

The Ernst & Young Graduate Recruitment Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)