Cadetships 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan059

HSC
They told wrong. Around 20 for assurance and 5 for tax.
again i doubt its 20, I haven't heard if they're having another ac for audit, and there were only 16 of us there.. and 5 for tax sounds too small

etxpy

HSC
N/A
For last years intake, that was the exact figure. They opened up quant for tax this year, so things might change.

MuchWow

HSC
For anyone who has gone to EY, what is the nature of the group task? Is it linked to the service line you are under?

aidan059

HSC
For anyone who has gone to EY, what is the nature of the group task? Is it linked to the service line you are under?
Without giving it away, it doesn't have anything to do with your service line. Nothing to do with knowledge, rather simply testing your thought process and ability to work as a team. Don't stress, just try not to speak over everyone else, make sure you help your teammates if struggling and be yourself most of all. You're presented with an issue, and must solve it as a team. Fyi there is no wrong answer.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Good luck ppl

Remembering the days of being a cadet. Goes fast... and before you know it you're a senior, supervisor or a manager.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MuchWow

HSC
Without giving it away, it doesn't have anything to do with your service line. Nothing to do with knowledge, rather simply testing your thought process and ability to work as a team. Don't stress, just try not to speak over everyone else, make sure you help your teammates if struggling and be yourself most of all. You're presented with an issue, and must solve it as a team. Fyi there is no wrong answer.
How did they observe you guys? Were they present in the room or..?

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
UBS have sent an email today saying there will be two interviews held in early September. Successful candidates will be handed a contract shortly after (mid-September), under the condition that they choose a university degree approved by UBS. Does anyone have any idea about how many candidates have been shortlisted?

john3166

HSC
has anyone heard anything from pitcher partners after the in person interview?

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
yeah lmao i was 10 mins late cause i really didnt care if i got turned down from them, plus i told them i got contracts from others so got turned down by email
what kind of attitude is that mate? why would you waste both yours and their time, at the very least you should've taken such an opportunity to develop some relationships, or further your interview skills.

Kolmias

HSC
In reality, I don't see myself staying at these organisations down the track. They're mid tiers, and really, I do have aspirations, not being a tax accountant in a mid tier for the rest of my life. Yes I value the experience highly but, the plan was to get 1-2 years experience in a mid tier, then possibly go over to say a big 4 in either another cadetship or do a few vacationers, so that I graduate with loads of experience under my belt and the opportunity to literally go anywhere I like.
inb4 centrelink

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
In reality, I don't see myself staying at these organisations down the track. They're mid tiers, and really, I do have aspirations, not being a tax accountant in a mid tier for the rest of my life. Yes I value the experience highly but, the plan was to get 1-2 years experience in a mid tier, then possibly go over to say a big 4 in either another cadetship or do a few vacationers, so that I graduate with loads of experience under my belt and the opportunity to literally go anywhere I like.
http://www.afr.com/technology/socia...es-to-identify-disloyal-staff-20170730-gxlmw8

Hope you don't use linkedin then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)