cadetships (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
lol u spock are u doing acturial/finance? thats fuckn mad... lucky cunt.. wat did u get in 3u/4u maths?

fitz33

HSC
yeah im doing actuarial/finance, got 95 for both 3 and 4 unit maths..i think most of the others on co-op got similar marks or better. one of the first culls they do when they get the applications is based on marks (mainly maths), then if you get through that a couple of different groups have a look at the application (including students) and then they work out who gets interviews. from then on its the sponsors who decide who makes it.

aditya

HSC
wat if u got 60 for 3unit and 85 for four unit = me... u think i have chance to get into the interviews?

fitz33

HSC
umm, i'd have to say probably not unless you have some really good extra-curricular stuff. but theres no harm in trying anyways, you never know.

aditya

HSC
i do have decent extra ciricular...

like wens teh application, im sure i can put up my 3unit mark...

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
well im doin a cadetship, bloody hard work, most cadets get around 23k plus reimburstments in text books fees etc,, depends where u go u can chose to do full time uni and work part time later on, or keep doin wok full time, or go uni full tim (for pwc ppl) but while still get paid.

Disadvantages of cadetships:
1) u dont have a life
2) U work ure ass off at work and at uni
3) u might not be able to handle it and just bugger it all and screw ure uni marks.

Advantages:
1) U get money
2) you get work experience, so when u finish uni u are well on ure way to been a senior or manager becos u are familiar with how everything works
3) if ppl want to do their CA its very helpful to have had experience
4) if the ppl at work are nice and frieendly, they will help u out with uni stuff

to behonest i would rather go uni full time but i want to get the experience, the money and i am aiming to be a partner of a firm or actually start a firm by myself before im 28, and dats not gonna happen if i wait till i finish uni and then do CA (haha its not likely to happen anyway but never less)

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
Originally posted by aditya
wat if u got 60 for 3unit and 85 for four unit = me... u think i have chance to get into the interviews?

hahah ummmm they do mostly look for a good mark, but if u do have great interview skills, just be ure self and make the ppl like u, and have a impressive extra curriculam resume then you would get in,

remeber there is alot of firms other then the BIg 3 (deloittes dont have cadetship programe from wat i know), any mid tier firms will accept u, and trust me, u get alot more out of small firms when been a cadet, u learn alot more cos they give u actual work and clients to deal with

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you should get in with those marks aditya, also depends on other marks, and as mentioned extra-ciriculars..

aditya

HSC
hwo bout i just tell u wat i have?

young achievers - finance director
Peer support leader
Roll representative - fundraiser for school
tennis semi-finalist inter-district competition
cricket captain
forty hour famine a couple of times
amnesty international - talk like a ninja day
yeh and all those maths comp and shit (distinction in math comp)

and like, do they want ur actual half yearly marks or do they want your actual mark, as an average over the year?

because my actual marks are a bit better than the half yearli mark, as can be seen in my course rank over exam rank?

aditya

HSC
oh yeh and with ur cover letter? mines like 200 words? is that too long?

does anyone have a good cover letter that they would be willing to lend me?

PLEASE!

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
it sounds like you will have no problems in getting to the interview stage, and wat school do u go to?

if you ask my opinion, you will get a cadetship easy in one of the big 4, dont worry about it, just concetrate on school work now and when u do get a interview be yourself and be friendly and be talkative about what they ask you but not blabber on.

krizbro

HSC
N/A
cadetship pay for PwC is $35,000 full time .. with $1.1K a month whilst full time study .. good program.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cadetship pay for PwC is $35,000 full time .. with $1.1K a month whilst full time study .. good program.
whoa...so much this year. i remember my friend getting paid like 30k like 2 years ago :S

btw, with 1.1 k per month..is that given that you are going back to PwC? :O (or free?) haha

xxsupababexx

HSC
Nup UBS cadetship way better. $100,000 income a year with almost $70,000 bonuses first year in. Also you get lots of friends with benefits if you know what I mean. ;)

BiancaC

HSC
Nup UBS cadetship way better. $100,000 income a year with almost $70,000 bonuses first year in. Also you get lots of friends with benefits if you know what I mean. ;)
Uhm no? Thats not the cadetship income.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I could be proven wrong, but those figures don't sound entirely accurate to me either.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I could be proven wrong, but those figures don't sound entirely accurate to me either.
I have a few friends on the various business cadetships and assure you that it's nowhere near that vicinity. Remember a cadetship is a full time job for someone with NO qualifications and is fresh out of high school.

xxsupababexx

HSC
I have a few friends on the various business cadetships and assure you that it's nowhere near that vicinity. Remember a cadetship is a full time job for someone with NO qualifications and is fresh out of high school.
Depends who you are, I was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship first year out of uni. Explains the high income ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)