• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

caffeine vs nicotine vs other (1 Viewer)

akachan

HSC
If you're putting on weight, you're not stressed enough.

STUDY HARDER!
lol true, though some people put on weight when stressed, but I reckon if you stress them even further they would begin to lose weight. Sort of like an upside down parabola if graphing stress vs weight.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
Food. But honestly if your body wants you to sleep then it's a good idea that you should. Sleep is important!
this actually makes u more sleepy.

anything that contains sugar (glucose) is usually a good idea since thats what your brain uses as the main source of energy.

effects of caffeine can range from significant to none depending on the person.

nicotine doesnt really do anything except damage your blood vessels, increasing risk of stroke and ischaemic heart disease.

alternatively, you may move onto complementary/alternative supplements. the evidence behind many of these is disputable e.g. gingko biloba which is believed to help with memory. there is evidence both for and against this. however, it is a proven fact through RCTs that it helps slow down the progression of Alzheimers/dementia.
also, multivitamins claim to help improve energy levels and overall mental health. once again, studies have proven and disproven their efficacy so its really up to you. obviously, theres no harm in trying but >50% of the effect would be due to the placebo effect.

best thing i recommend for improving energy levels is regular exercise and being active.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah. I started using no doz this week. It worked the first time I used it, and then after that initial use, I don't think it affects me anymore. Can you have 2 tablets at a time?

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yeah. I started using no doz this week. It worked the first time I used it, and then after that initial use, I don't think it affects me anymore. Can you have 2 tablets at a time?
yeah you can take as many as you like

1 pill is only 100mg

a can of mother is 160mg

lethal dose is 200mg per kg of body weight (so about 100 pills for you)

i wouldn't recommend anything over 5 pills though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)