Caffeine while studying (1 Viewer)

ganj3

HSC
Not sure where to put this but anyways has anyone tried studying whilst drinking caffeine and other caffeine products like red bull or v? Is it worth drinking a can and having a late night study session?

Just.Snaz

HSC
I don't think so.

I'm a night person, definitely, but I've realised that I study much better when I've had some good rest.

HSC
hopethisworks said:
yes. defs

proof: stayed up all night for business
had 2x mother drinks before going in (and peeing)

pretty much dumped all my knowledge.

i expect around 95% unless iv made some stuid mistake in short answers
Oo really? Your head didn't feel like a mess during the exam, because if that's the case, then i'll pull an allnighter.

Azreil

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Oo really? Your head didn't feel like a mess during the exam, because if that's the case, then i'll pull an allnighter.
I think it's more if your used to it or not. Are you actually capable of pulling an all nighter, writing for three hours and collapsing into bed after that?

I know I wouldn't be able to, but that's just me personally: I'm exhausted even if I have slept at the moment cause the Barmah Forest Virus is flaring up in me again. You can't tell someone it's a good or a bad idea, because you don't know how they'll react.

lizliz

HSC
because i got bad anxiety in about April, mostly due to the HSC, my doctor recommended me to stay off caffeine so I could sleep better. However, due to the absolute pain and suffering that was Term 2&3 with major works, exams and assignments I was basically surviving on about 7 cups of tea per day so I could get through all my work.

In the holidays (after graduation) I limited myself to about 2 cups of tea per day and no caffeine after 4 pm, it was VERY weird to get used to because my body felt tired and energetic at random times. But after about a week it all calmed down and I slept better.

So, if your body is dependent on caffeine, my advice is not to stop in the middle of the HSC, it screws with your energy.

Sventina

HSC
I got through most of the year by drinking at least a can of V a night.

But I don't know if it actually did anything, I just felt better when I was drinking it.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Drink a bottle of wine each night. Worked for me last night.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol i love red wine! red wine makes me nice and cosy and relaxed and sleepy.
smartass.

but yeh i depend on caffeine. like my hsc diet is consisted of caffeine - V, red bull, coffee, tea; no doz pills and cigarrettes
really healthy

henry08

HSC
N/A
I prefer white wine, but we had none left and I couldn't be bothered going out. So red wine was ok, but not quite as good.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
v works heaps well.

stayed up to 5 am last night and was pretty much productive all of last night. thanks to two cans of v.

hujikolp

HSC
drinking that stuff will make u go worse in your exams.. get a good night sleep

HSC
Say you needed a pick me up between two exams in one day, what would be best for that, other than a good nights sleep before.

V, Mother, Coffee, Sports drinks etc ?

kangms

HSC
I just drink coffee since i'm a tightass. It sort of works.

knots&crosses

HSC
Dont pull an all nighter the day before your exam. Sleep is the best. However if you need energy after you have woken up nice and early, have coffee or an energy drink. Just not at night.

The results will be worse if you are physically and mentally drained. I know some people are last minute people, I used to think I was one, but some people literally do things last minute. Lol, yeh anyway. Sleep .good. Mother. good.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I think I've srsly developed a tolerance to caffine.
I can drink 6 cups of coffee in a half hour before bed, and the moment my head hits the pillow I'm asleep (except when I dream about fountains and have to get up and pee at 4am)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)