Calculators (1 Viewer)

HSC
Did anyone who uses the casio fx-82tl calculator (board approved) notice the Pol( and Rec( buttons which actually convert numbers from rectangular form to polar form and vica versa? Probly not important seeing as its probly quicker to use your head. Just found it interesting that these calculators can be used. There's also a board approved calculator that differentiates and integrates functions...strange.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
the pol and rec thing is ok, but there definately shouldn't be any calculators that do calculus allowed. which model may i ask?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I'm curious about that diff/int calculator as well...(I've still got 3.5 months to go and buy one :D )

A l

HSC
N/A
I use the Pol( key to do problems involving Pythagoras' theorem. I find it quicker than punching in the squares and square roots.:)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Yea, it's also handy for figuring out moduli quickly - although I think you can do it almost as quickly in your head.

ishq

brown?
HSC
My calculator does something similar. Its got an additional Complex Number mode. But, it takes me ages to figure out and, as rench said, my head is quicker :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)