Calisthenics: weighted for less reps or body weight for volume (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
THIS, is what everyone must strive to become, at least at some point within their life.
If everyone was this passionate in a love or hate direction, then the entire universe would be under our influence.
That’s what it means to be in God’s image, for humanity is Devine.
learn how to spell first
(this is a joke)
i didn't mean to offend the sigma who is rising from the underworlds 🤓

year10studentpreparin

HSC
do you go to the gym or train at home
if you train at home do you have the option to do weight up pullups.
my advice is keep on progressive overloading and make sure to rest so ur muscles will build up.
if you can do 10 or 12 pull ups or dips comfortably then you can up the weight
This is with the goal of maximising muscle hypetrophy

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
do you go to the gym or train at home
if you train at home do you have the option to do weight up pullups.
my advice is keep on progressive overloading and make sure to rest so ur muscles will build up.
if you can do 10 or 12 pull ups or dips comfortably then you can up the weight
This is with the goal of maximising muscle hypetrophy
Honestly I've just been doing pullups and occasional dips for the past month+ during HSC prep and HSC and I can do about 20 pullups normally now, def like 25 pushups but havent really tested that lol, probably 20 dips too
I've been practicing my muscle up just for fun and doing a tuck front lever to see if those skills are even possible

Haven't used the weights at all since posting this but I feel like (at least for now during HSC) I don't have the time to commit to a full half hour - hour workout, instead I've just been doing a set of pullups everytime I take a break between papers etc etc

Uhhhh what else
I guess I could try readding the weights - I think I can do 10kg for 10

tbh I'll probably wait for HSC to end before adding weight - I don't want to injure myself before finishing and I do think my body is subconsciously under a lot of stress regardless 😅

oh yeah adding that I train at home (we have a pullup bar out the back) and some weights and a weight belt

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Honestly I've just been doing pullups and occasional dips for the past month+ during HSC prep and HSC and I can do about 20 pullups normally now, def like 25 pushups but havent really tested that lol, probably 20 dips too
I've been practicing my muscle up just for fun and doing a tuck front lever to see if those skills are even possible

Haven't used the weights at all since posting this but I feel like (at least for now during HSC) I don't have the time to commit to a full half hour - hour workout, instead I've just been doing a set of pullups everytime I take a break between papers etc etc

Uhhhh what else

tbh I'll probably weight for HSC to end - I don't want to injure myself before finishing and I do think my body is subconsciously under a lot of stress regardless 😅
yeah I havent been hitting heavy weights since the HSC started so its a good idea.
Thats really impressive and puts u ahead of nearly everybody if u can do like 20 pullups normally etc.

But yeah if you want to focus on getting jacked after the HSC ends you can start adding a bit more weight and try to do reps within the 8-12 range with a reasonably high RPE (Rating of Perceived Exertion) in order to stimulate muscle growth.

ALWAYS focus on form and try to up the weight bit by bit in order to reduce injury plus its just better for muscle growth because you can focus on form with a lighter weight and really stimulate the muscle which is always better than lifting heavy and then sacrificing form

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yeah I havent been hitting heavy weights since the HSC started so its a good idea.
Thats really impressive and puts u ahead of nearly everybody if u can do like 20 pullups normally etc.

But yeah if you want to focus on getting jacked after the HSC ends you can start adding a bit more weight and try to do reps within the 8-12 range with a reasonably high RPE (Rating of Perceived Exertion) in order to stimulate muscle growth.

ALWAYS focus on form and try to up the weight bit by bit in order to reduce injury plus its just better for muscle growth because you can focus on form with a lighter weight and really stimulate the muscle which is always better than lifting heavy and then sacrificing form
it's actually quite funny because I never feel sore after hitting a workout or going climbing (bouldering >>>>>) anymore, yet I can feel that I'm getting stronger and feel and see the development in my body 💪

no but seriously like doing random sets of pullups throughout the day (as inconsistent as they are) has somehow managed to build my endurance for pullups like crazy lol

Can't wait for hsc to be over so I can properly get into an exercise routine - will need to start running again too (@mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa I need to get onto your level lmao)

year10studentpreparin

HSC
it's actually quite funny because I never feel sore after hitting a workout or going climbing (bouldering >>>>>) anymore, yet I can feel that I'm getting stronger and feel and see the development in my body 💪

no but seriously like doing random sets of pullups throughout the day (as inconsistent as they are) has somehow managed to build my endurance for pullups like crazy lol

Can't wait for hsc to be over so I can properly get into an exercise routine - will need to start running again too (@mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa I need to get onto your level lmao)
ye proud of you bro
endurance is key for a healthy lie keep it up u habe inspired me to do pull ups now

chigurh07

HSC

Uhhhh what else

tbh I'll probably wait for HSC to end before adding weight - I don't want to injure myself before finishing and I do think my body is subconsciously under a lot of stress regardless 😅

oh yeah adding that I train at home (we have a pullup bar out the back) and some weights and a weight belt
How did u unlock the muscle up? Did you get it by doing attempts or from getting good at pullups

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC

I have been slacking ever since I ran that marathon, I feel like I've lost most of my fitness:mad:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
How did u unlock the muscle up? Did you get it by doing attempts or from getting good at pullups
honestly rn im still doing it with a ton of kipping (it's getting better) but I started by remembering how to do it one arm at a time

then I kinda broke down the motion, you kinda realise that if you swing forward a little to 'pop' your chest out, and then drive up (not straight up but almost at an angle), you can get over the bar by kicking your legs a little during the upwards motion

tbh really hard to explain over a forum but you could almost try doing it in reverse - get on top of the bar by doing one arm at a time - then slowly lowering yourself back down - doing the straight bar dip motion, getting your chest to the bar, and then dropping into a regular hang
if you do that you realise that in swinging down from the bar to the pullup position you basically don't move in a straight line vertically, it's got an angle to the motion

aaargh i seriously can't explain this very well lmao
literally try watching some youtube videos on it and then going outside and trialling it over and over - it will unlock if you try dw

chigurh07

HSC
honestly rn im still doing it with a ton of kipping (it's getting better) but I started by remembering how to do it one arm at a time

then I kinda broke down the motion, you kinda realise that if you swing forward a little to 'pop' your chest out, and then drive up (not straight up but almost at an angle), you can get over the bar by kicking your legs a little during the upwards motion

tbh really hard to explain over a forum but you could almost try doing it in reverse - get on top of the bar by doing one arm at a time - then slowly lowering yourself back down - doing the straight bar dip motion, getting your chest to the bar, and then dropping into a regular hang
if you do that you realise that in swinging down from the bar to the pullup position you basically don't move in a straight line vertically, it's got an angle to the motion

aaargh i seriously can't explain this very well lmao
literally try watching some youtube videos on it and then going outside and trialling it over and over - it will unlock if you try dw
thanks i was just curious cause i've heard of people unlocking them in many different ways. I used to be able to do a few strict ones when i was at a lighter bodyweight a few years ago just from weighted pull ups but haven't really trained them in a while. Also are u training for other calisthenics moves like front levers and handstand push ups?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thanks i was just curious cause i've heard of people unlocking them in many different ways. I used to be able to do a few strict ones when i was at a lighter bodyweight a few years ago just from weighted pull ups but haven't really trained them in a while. Also are u training for other calisthenics moves like front levers and handstand push ups?
ahahahhhhhh no im not training anything else

rn just pullups and occasional muscle ups for fun

waiting for hsc to stop so I can get back into bouldering and just get stronger overall lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)