• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Call centre (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Whats it like working in a call centre, is the pay good, what type of qualications do you need, whats the work like, do u always get paid or is it commissoned based

kalli

HSC
hi there

i recently started in a call centre...

i get paid $16.84 an hour before tax and i work minimum 20 hours per week. there is ALWAYS overtime offered for which i get paid double time.

i know sales people sometimes get commission and a base rate but u gotta be acreful if you are going to get into sales... check what u will be getting paid...

the conditions are alright. its very structured (like u gotta be RIGHT on time) but there are heaps of bonuses if u r a good worker. also heaps of opp for career progression.

u basically answer a call, write your notes (they give 20 seconds here) and then take the next call straight away. there is no opportunity to chat to other ppl coz everyone is on calls...

also when u get angry customers they give you a headache real easy...

but i get good pay, good conditions, i just have to do my job and im outta here straight away... the benefits outweigh the negatives for me...

anyways,i just applied through seek.... goo luck!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
kalli said:
hi there

i recently started in a call centre...

i get paid $16.84 an hour before tax and i work minimum 20 hours per week. there is ALWAYS overtime offered for which i get paid double time.

i know sales people sometimes get commission and a base rate but u gotta be acreful if you are going to get into sales... check what u will be getting paid...

the conditions are alright. its very structured (like u gotta be RIGHT on time) but there are heaps of bonuses if u r a good worker. also heaps of opp for career progression.

u basically answer a call, write your notes (they give 20 seconds here) and then take the next call straight away. there is no opportunity to chat to other ppl coz everyone is on calls...

also when u get angry customers they give you a headache real easy...

but i get good pay, good conditions, i just have to do my job and im outta here straight away... the benefits outweigh the negatives for me...

anyways,i just applied through seek.... goo luck!
What type of call centre do u work in

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
My mum works at a call centre (not telemarketing they're so crap) and she says its great for uni students. She used to work for Impulse Airlines and got 90% off flights (yes thats right i flew to canberra for $9 and QLD for $11) But now QANTAS bought them out so she doesnt get perks like that.

they have doughnut days.

Main thing is dont be a telemarketer.

Everything kalli said is pretty spot on.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I worked in an inbound call centre in Surry Hills for $20/hr.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Beckiki_S said:
My mum works at a call centre (not telemarketing they're so crap) and she says its great for uni students. She used to work for Impulse Airlines and got 90% off flights (yes thats right i flew to canberra for $9 and QLD for $11) But now QANTAS bought them out so she doesnt get perks like that.
:eek: i can barely get to the city for that price

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
kalli said:
bigpond tech support
u evil ppl! Every time we get a problem with our internet we tryi ringing u guys up but it takes f**king forever to get through!!
/rant
(not aimed at u btw, just the bigpond tech support in general)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
Well My 17yo friend is a telemarketer for the australian good food guide, but only sells it to buisnesses....It doesn't sound like she has to work too hard for the money...she has had no experience (although.... i think she lied on her resume...) and she didn't do overly well at school. But she gets paid $500 per week plus commission and she works 9-5, 5 days a week (she's deferring uni)... and...get this.... they asked her to move to qld and be the manager.... and she's ONLY 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eye candii

HSC
N/A
I worked in a call centre part time when i was year 11 and 12 and i got $18/hour.
it was inbound only so yeah wasnt too bad.

now i do telemarketing and its not as bad as it seems. i get $16/hour but if i make a sale, then i get $25/hour for the rest of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)